Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: CYBURBIA FF 2016 PROPOSED POINTS SYSTEM AND DRAFT INFO

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!

CYBURBIA FF 2016 PROPOSED POINTS SYSTEM AND DRAFT INFO

Ok people,

The Draft will be held on Monday, August 29th, or Tuesday, August 30th. Commissioner, please PM me as I need to work with you to get this authorized and the emails sent out.

I need to get the list of names and emails to set up the online draft. It will be Next Monday or Tuesday night. I am posting a new poll to refine the draft a little bit more. Give me until Wednesday night at 11:59 to do the setup and finalize the night. At that point people will have an email in their box waiting for them Thursday morning. It will also give 4 or 5 days for people to make their draft decisions and make time for the draft.

We will be using Yahoo Fantasy Football site. It also has an App that allows changes to your team on the go. There will be 2 divisions.

I propose MASSIVE changes to our point system for the season. Our point system is incredibly stingy. An 8 point lead is nearly insurmountable. We have 4 defensive people and on a good day, they might score you 12 points combined for the day. The proposed point system makes your 4 defensive people much more relevant, and with 10 teams there will always be 50 effective defensive players available to all. I believe the following point system will make the game much more fun and unpredictable. Please discuss:

League ID#: 222380
    League Name: Cyburbia Fantasy Football
    League Logo:
    Auto-renew Enabled: Yes
    Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....afantasyleague
    Draft Type: Online Draft
    Cash League Settings: Not a cash league
    Max Teams: 10
    Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
    Start Scoring on: Week 1
    Can't Cut List Provider: None
    Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
    Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
    Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
    Trade Reject Time: 0
    Trade End Date: None
    Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
    Trade Review: Bring Issues to Attention of Commissioner
    Waiver Time: 0 days (Waiver pick up is instantaeneous. If the player is available, you get him.)
    Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
    Weekly Waivers Sunday - Saturday
    Post Draft Players: Free Agents (All available)
    Invite Sharing Tools: Enabled
    Playoffs: Week 15, 16, and 17 (8 teams)
    Playoff Tie-Breaker: Best regular season record vs opponent wins
    Playoff Reseeding: No
    Divisions: Yes
    Lock Eliminated Teams: No
    League Pickem: Yes
    Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, D, DB, DL, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN (23 spots, 3 added [1 RB spot, and 2 BN spots)
    Fractional Points: Yes
    Negative Points: Yes
    Make League Publicly Viewable: No
    Invite Permissions: Commissioner Only
    Send unjoined players email reminders: Yes

Offense League Value Yahoo Default Value (MODIFIED)
    Completions 2 0
    Passing Yards 5 yards 1
    Passing Yards 10 yards 2
    Passing Yards 20 yards 3
    Passing Yards 25+ yards 4

Passing Touchdowns 6
    Interceptions -6

Sacks 5

Rushing Yards 0 - 5 yards 1
    Rushing Yards 10 yards 2
    Rushing Yards 15 yards 3
    Rushing Yards 20 yards+ 4

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Receptions 2
    Receiving Yards points per yard .25
    Receiving Touchdowns 6
    Return Yards 1 yards per point 1
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -6
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
    Kickers League Value Yahoo Default Value (MODIFIED)
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Point After Attempt Made 3
    Point After Attempt Missed 0

Defensive Players League Value Yahoo Default Value (MODIFIED)
    Tackle Solo 5
    Tackle Assist 2.5
    Sack 6
    Interception 6
    Fumble Force 4
    Fumble Recovery 6
    Defensive Touchdown 6
    Safety 6
    Pass Defended 4
    Block Kick 5
    Extra Point Returned 3
    Last edited by Duke Of Dystopia; 23 Aug 2016 at 2:16 AM. Reason: WANTED TO ADD POLL
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Oh I like it! Defensive players will have much more value this time around for sure.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    As long as everyone is supportive of these changes I will make them. Let's wait until the end of the week (since the draft is next Monday) to get feedback.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2002
    I'm not playing this year but wow, that's a lot of points for certain defensive plays. 6 points for safeties, sacks, intereceptions and fumble recoveries?
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Monday Draft Please

Monday Draft Please
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I dont care about the rule changes, if everyone plays under the same system, it will make little difference. This is supposed to be fun, I don't get the drama.

And I cant draft Monday, but if thats when it works for everyone else, Ill rank players.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2005
    i'm good except for waiver time we need a waiver 1 day imo

Safety in Defense shouldn't be worth as much as a return TD or fumble recovery TD so lower that to 2
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Yes, the points do add up. In another league I am in they add up to about 250 points per game. You get interesting effects because they swing wildly, or someone figures out how to put a scratch team together every weak from nothing, or especially playoffs can be tricky if a team has great players they are resting. It is never boring though. And You have chances to change your circumstances.

The defensive adjustments are fun, because they impact as if you are a good offensive player. Fumbles caused/recovered, interceptions, etc. are relatively rare for any individual defensive game. It limits the points to good and impactful without making them overpowered vs the best offensive players.

Tide... again, my problem with any wait for waivers, is that you have to drop people to pick people up. If you pick a player(s) I asked for 00:01 to 8 hours (or more) before, you double screw me. because I don't get the player I tried to get before you... AND the system DROPS my waivered player(s) scheduled to drop. At which point, because you have priority in any pickup from waivers on me, YOU THEN CAN PICK UP MY DROPPED PLAYER. I hope you can see how this is patently unfair and the risk of trying to pick up any player during the week. You could set a setting to alert you that somebody has waived somebody and picked somebody up. Then you can scoop that player, and also assess whether it is worth poaching the waived players. That keeps happening in this league and it needs to stop.

I kind of don't understand the drama comment. I would ask that if we keep the player poaching waiver system, that any players dropped be removed from any team that picked up a waived player dropped for the purpose of adding another player on the previous players team by the Commissioner prior to the start of the weeks games as appropriate (yup an incredibly unwieldy system, but at least its fair). Sorry, nobody should be punished for trying to improve because some other opponent is slow or not doing as well. just get rid of ranked waivers. first come first serve.

Hink, your call on Monday or Tuesday. I didn't see anyone have an issue of Tuesday, but your call! 8-D

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post
    Tide... again, my problem with any wait for waivers, is that you have to drop people to pick people up. If you pick a player(s) I asked for 00:01 to 8 hours (or more) before, you double screw me. because I don't get the player I tried to get before you... AND the system DROPS my waivered player(s) scheduled to drop. At which point, because you have priority in any pickup from waivers on me, YOU THEN CAN PICK UP MY DROPPED PLAYER. I hope you can see how this is patently unfair and the risk of trying to pick up any player during the week. You could set a setting to alert you that somebody has waived somebody and picked somebody up. Then you can scoop that player, and also assess whether it is worth poaching the waived players. That keeps happening in this league and it needs to stop.

I kind of don't understand the drama comment. I would ask that if we keep the player poaching waiver system, that any players dropped be removed from any team that picked up a waived player dropped for the purpose of adding another player on the previous players team by the Commissioner prior to the start of the weeks games as appropriate (yup an incredibly unwieldy system, but at least its fair). Sorry, nobody should be punished for trying to improve because some other opponent is slow or not doing as well. just get rid of ranked waivers. first come first serve.

Again, I don't care if the rest are ok with the waiver deal. I have played two or more leagues for 15 years and there always has been a certain waiver time and this is the first time I have heard of this issue. If for instance I need a running back, I'll put claims in for the top three, dropping the same player. In 15 years i've never been "screwed" , I don't see the problem. But if the rest want this change I don't care....
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post

That's not how the Yahoo waivers work, unless that's how YOU do it. I've used Yahoo for almost 10 years and if you make a claim THEN you choose who you would drop, if you are dropping players first then you are not using it right. If I make a claim and I choose someone to drop and that waiver doesn't go through then the player I chose to drop does not get dropped because the claim was rejected. If you aren't using it that way it's user error and you are only to blame yourself. The reason I believe we need waivers is especially for the west coast players who may not be able to hop on at 7 am easter on Monday or Tuesday and get that hot player from the night before or realize they have an injury that wasn't disclosed until Monday or Tuesday. And since waivers reset each week those who don't use the wire often aren't penalized.

My two cents but I believe a 24 hour wait is needed and if you aren't using it right now you know
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jul 2003
    The waiver system I described is exactly how our system is working right now.

As the season drags on, why would I drop an RB that is "available" right now... theoretically... that will get me 4.5 points (in our meager point system) for 2 that will get 2.5 points in our horrible point stingy system. Assume its Wednesday and 6 weeks into the season at oh 2:00 am. I would like to switch out an RB that will net me 4.5 points. There is 1 and only 1 RB available that will net 6 points. The rest on the entire list will net me exactly 4.5 points or less (this happens all the time). You are telling me to designate the equal or or lesser RB. That makes no sense. As far as loosing the dropped player because somebody else picked him up, yeah that annoyed me greatly last year. Because it happened multiple times last year. We can fix that now.

As far as needing waivers, we don't. I personally am not one to sit at the screen and watch the waiver wire like a hawk. A couple of times per season usually. That guy that watches that is going to get to the player he wants anyway. But If I find I need to switch a player for a thursday night game and I find somebody right then and there, I should get that player and be able to plug him in. Right now, that is impossible. Same with Sunday games, and Mondays. The waiver system of any wait just gets in the way of that for everyone. Yup, we have all had bad seasons. It happens but we don't need to make it harder with a system like we have.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    So I made some changes to the scoring based on Duke's point system. I did look around the interwebs a bit to try and make it more fun, without making the points totals just crazy. Let me know your thoughts....

Roster Positions (added 1 RB and 1 BN): QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, D, DB, DL, LB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Completions 1
    Passing Yards 5 yards per point; 2 points at 10 yards; 3 points at 20 yards; 4 points at 25 yards (not sure how this will work...)
    Passing Touchdowns 6
    Interceptions -6
    Sacks -.5
    Rushing Yards 5 yards per point; 2 points at 10 yards; 3 points at 15 yards; 4 points at 20 yards (not sure how this will work...)
    Rushing Touchdowns 6
    Receptions 2
    Receiving Yards 4 yards per point
    Receiving Touchdowns 6
    Return Yards 10 yards per point
    Return Touchdowns 6
    2-Point Conversions 2
    Fumbles Lost -3
    Offensive Fumble Return TD 6
    Passing 1st Downs 1 (credit to getting 1st downs)
    Receiving 1st Downs 1 (credit to getting 1st downs)
    Rushing 1st Downs 1 (credit to getting 1st downs)

Kickers
    Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
    Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
    Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
    Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
    Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
    Point After Attempt Made 1
    Point After Attempt Missed -1

Defensive Players (lots of changes...)
    Tackle Solo 2
    Tackle Assist 1
    Sack 5
    Interception 5
    Fumble Force 2
    Fumble Recovery 4
    Defensive Touchdown 6
    Safety 6
    Pass Defended 2
    Block Kick 5
    Extra Point Returned 3
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. FANTASY FOOTBALL 2016
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 33
    Last post: 27 Dec 2016, 8:50 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Aug 2016, 4:41 PM
  3. Cyburbia Fantasy Football
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 25 Aug 2015, 10:37 AM