Urban planning community | #theplannerlife
+ Reply to thread

Thread: BS&A Field Inspection

Registered
    Apr 2014

BS&A Field Inspection

Has anyone had any experience with BS&A's Field Inspection module? Our department makes extensive use of Building.net for all of our Community Development work (code enforcement, permits, projects, etc). However, we're looking into Field Inspection to help make our code enforcement workflow more efficient and have it be easier and quicker for the officers.

Does anyone use this already, or know personally of communities that have had success with implementing this? If so, what types of equipment did you go with? How long did it take to adjust?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Code enforcement module took a few weeks to get used to. Before BSA we used HTE (think 1990's vintage monochrome screen). Reports can get a little complicated but for every day code enforcement data entry it's quick and efficient.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    How about a program that integrates planning actions into the mix and does some level of accounting for incoming payments? I'm looking at my options and would really like to easily see all the information on a parcel in the same spot. Any suggestions?
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 22 Apr 2011, 11:36 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 14 Jan 2009, 2:57 PM
  3. Home inspection nightmares
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 Sep 2007, 3:54 PM
  4. Engineering and inspection fees
    Land Use and Zoning