Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2017-2018 applications and acceptance notices: Canada

Registered
    Jan 2017
    First off congrats to all that have been accepted so far, I hope everyone will be heading to where they wanted to go.

To the poster above, I'm in the same boat as you, I've officially joined the McGill waiting list as of yesterday morning (fingers crossed, first choice). I'm still viewing this as positive - waitlist means we were close and it's not a rejection so I'll continue to look at this positively until the final decision is made. Is everyone else still waiting to hear back from UBC and UT? My UT application has been "under review" for about 3 weeks now while SCARP (according to the online portal) is still yet to review the file.

If it helps anyone at all (now or in the future), I had a of cumulative GPA of 3.33 with a junior/senior GPA of 3.6. I have a BA Geography from the University of Calgary. 3 year student athlete. 2 years of overseas work experience in athletics and have travelled extensively throughout my life. Good references, one from the urban studies department head.

Cheers all

Registered
    Nov 2016
    Congrats everyone

I got waitlisted for Ryerson's program, so I'm hoping a spot opens up before the summer starts! I didn't apply anywhere else cause I'm set on staying in Toronto and UofT's program seemed too theory-based for my liking. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting for a reply or got waitlisted too!

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally posted by Kuno View post
    First off congrats to all that have been accepted so far, I hope everyone will be heading to where they wanted to go.

To the poster above, I'm in the same boat as you, I've officially joined the McGill waiting list as of yesterday morning (fingers crossed, first choice). I'm still viewing this as positive - waitlist means we were close and it's not a rejection so I'll continue to look at this positively until the final decision is made. Is everyone else still waiting to hear back from UBC and UT? My UT application has been "under review" for about 3 weeks now while SCARP (according to the online portal) is still yet to review the file.

If it helps anyone at all (now or in the future), I had a of cumulative GPA of 3.33 with a junior/senior GPA of 3.6. I have a BA Geography from the University of Calgary. 3 year student athlete. 2 years of overseas work experience in athletics and have travelled extensively throughout my life. Good references, one from the urban studies department head.

Cheers all
    Yeah I'm still waiting on UBC, and on McGill as well. Strange how they've started sending out rejection letters too but I've yet to hear anything at all. As far as the online portal, who knows how accurate it is. My UBC application just says "Submitted" still as well.

Congratulations on the waitlist though! I agree with your assessment; a waitlist is a good sign, and other schools should view your application favourably too. Best of luck!

I was also accepted into Vancouver Island University this morning. Doesn't look like anybody else here applied, but in case we have any lurkers it looks like they're making decisions now! I'm still waiting on other schools however, and even if the rest reject me I would prefer to go to Manitoba.

Registered
    Jul 2016

U of C

Hi all, a self-proclaimed professional lurker here.

I was just accepted to Calgary and also wait-listed at McGill 2 weeks ago. I have until 21 Apr to accept the offer from Calgary. Though there was no mention of funding, I'll still very likely accept it.

Just wondering if anyone here applied/get accepted to Calgary as well?

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Got rejected from McGill lats night, which wasn't too much of a surprise. Maybe they're doing another wave of decisions then for those who are still waiting!

Registered
    Sep 2016
    And I just got my rejection from UBC too, so a bit of a rough day so far hahah. To be honest though I'm relieved, as Manitoba's acceptance deadline was coming up soon, so the news came just at the right time. I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen's, but even if I was accepted there I was always leaning towards Manitoba since it's in the west, which I hope will make it easier for me to transition back to Vancouver for work once I graduate (If this assumption is incorrect, please tell me!)

But for now, looks like Manitoba it is!

Registered
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally posted by GlassCity View post
    And I just got my rejection from UBC too, so a bit of a rough day so far hahah. To be honest though I'm relieved, as Manitoba's acceptance deadline was coming up soon, so the news came just at the right time. I'm still waiting to hear back from Queen's, but even if I was accepted there I was always leaning towards Manitoba since it's in the west, which I hope will make it easier for me to transition back to Vancouver for work once I graduate (If this assumption is incorrect, please tell me!)

But for now, looks like Manitoba it is!
    It's a great feeling that you have a backup already Btw, I ended up accepting McGill's offer and saying no to Queens. GlassCity, have you reached out to Queen's to see what they have to say?

Registered
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally posted by Zosk View post
    It's a great feeling that you have a backup already Btw, I ended up accepting McGill's offer and saying no to Queens. GlassCity, have you reached out to Queen's to see what they have to say?
    No I haven't, though I likely should sometime soon. Like I said, I'm leaning more towards Manitoba anyway so I haven't been too concerned about it. I do technically still have some time until I have to make a final, final decision on Manitoba, so I've been alright with just waiting on Queen's. They say they should give an answer 6 weeks after applying, so hopefully it won't be much longer now. Besides, with how long it has been, I'm also assuming it likely won't be good news anyway.

Registered
    Feb 2017
    Congrats! See you there in September!

Registered
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally posted by cb2 View post
    Congrats! See you there in September!
    Yes! See you there I already have housing lined up. Helps that I am familiar with the city. Excited to begin!

Registered
    Jan 2017
    Hey everyone!

Like many others, I was waitlisted at UBC and McGill when the initial offers were released. Has anyone experienced/heard of any waitlist movement?

I'm happy to have accepted a backup school in Norway, but am still waiting with fingers crossed to continue school in Canada.

Registered
    Jan 2017
    I've just moved off the waiting list and have accepted a spot at McGill. Anyone else heading to Montreal this fall?

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 82
    Last post: 06 Mar 2017, 10:40 PM
  2. Replies: 125
    Last post: 12 Aug 2015, 9:45 PM
  3. Replies: 122
    Last post: 16 Oct 2014, 12:32 PM
  4. Replies: 120
    Last post: 28 Jun 2013, 5:46 PM
  5. Replies: 231