Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: River overlay districts

     
    Registered
    Aug 2001

River overlay districts

Does anyone have any experience implementing Overlay districts adjacent to rivers to ensure conservation?

Registered
    Jul 2002

rivers

Contact the Water Resources Agency at the University of Delaware, Bath Township (Summit County, Ohio) or Summit County Department of Development, Planning Section. All have some type of riparian setback requirements. Mostly, they're recent and may not have a lot of experience. There is also the Chagrin Watershed group (Geauga County, Ohio) and I believe the State of Maryland can help regarding their Chesapeake Bay protection program. All have web sites. Good luck.
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Look into Bucks County, PA and the municipalities within along the Delaware River. You can contact the county planning commission, they did a Coastal Zone Management Study with recommended overlay zoning, etc

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The Wisconsin DNR did one for the Wisconsin River which crossed multiple local jurisdictions. Their contact info can be had at:

www.dnr.state.wi.us

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have worked for a few jurisdictions now with overlays adjacent to the river. But what overlays are you looking for? "Conservation" is a pretty vague term these days... I mean there is slope stability, enviromental protection, certain vegetation overlays, flood zones... what is it that you are looking for and maybe I can provide you with some additional information.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 21 Feb 2012, 11:40 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 24 May 2010, 9:34 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last post: 22 Jun 2009, 6:55 PM
  4. The Mississippi River
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 12 Jul 2006, 10:41 PM