Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: Greetings from Niagara Falls, Ontario

Registered
    Oct 2016

Greetings from Niagara Falls, Ontario

Hello from beautiful Niagara Falls, Ontario! I am a seasoned professional planners with 20+ years experience in both the public and private sectors. Currently, I run my own practice, http://sullivanplan.ca. Previous to that, I was Manager of Planning with a small municipality.

I am an active volunteer with my provincial and national planning organizations and love to hear from fellow planners. One of my favourite things to do is mentor younger planners. I learn as much or more from them!

One of my passions is sustainability, specifically planning for climate change. Most governments focus on mitigation (reducing GHG emissions), while planning needs to focus on adaptation (local flooding, impacts from extreme weather events, etc). I'll likely start a separate post on this topic, but thought I'd go fishing for initial comments here.

I got my undergraduate degree (Planning) from Ryerson University and more recently my Masters in Planning from University of Guelph.

I look forward to taking part in this forum.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Central !

I've been to your lovely neck of the woods. Beautiful area, lots of outdoor rec opportunities, but I admit - winters that far north scare me!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Glad to have you!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Hello from Kansas! Jump right into any thread.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 02 Jun 2014, 8:57 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last post: 28 Aug 2009, 3:12 PM
  3. Smith Falls, Ontario, Canada
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 13 Dec 2008, 6:52 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last post: 12 Sep 2004, 8:52 AM