The cable guy came to my new (rented) house yesterday, and now the joys of digital cable have returned to my life.
Thing is ... there's some ... oh, unusual channels that are part of the lineup. Let's see ...
* Boomerang en Espanol - all 1960s cartoons, all in Spanish.
* ZEE TV - Indian music videos. "Yes, we very much are liking our reverb very much please."
* Some Phillipino channel, with shows like "You Zo Sexy." All shows seem to be in English, Spanish and Tagalog ... all spoken in the same sentence, languages changing every few words.
* Some channel with a show featuring two elderly rabbis arguing in Russian. Turned back a half hour later, and the rabbis are still at it. Another half hour ... still going.
* A channel featuring something far, far more ... oh, interesting than Indian music videos. Arab music videos! Crank up the reverb even higher!
* The Outdoor Channel. All huntin', all the time. Flipping through, I haven't heard one non-Southern accent on that channel yet. Let's all say it ... RUGGED!
What's the most unusual thing your cable system offers?