Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: Hello from Jordan - I'm preparing for my senior graduation project, I need project ideas plz

Registered
    Oct 2016

Hello from Jordan - I'm preparing for my senior graduation project, I need project ideas plz

I need new ideas to work on other than these: expo, industrial city, natural reservoir, medical city, designing a new district.
    can anyone suggest good and practical projects for me pleeeeeeease.
    I consulted my advisor about planning a logistics city near the airport or the port but he put me down and said that he prefers an edge city, so I need a project that is able to win his interest, any ideas?
    Last edited by Wafaa.J.S; 13 Oct 2016 at 5:46 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    You could argue what distance an airport should be from the city. In Denver the airport is a good distance away from the city. Is this a good thing or should it be closer. The people and services have to travel farther to use it, but it does reduce the noise problems and allows the airport to expand if it needs to.

If he likes edge cities, how can you turn a mostly suburban/residential area into an edge city to reduce traffic problems?

Any interest in heat island effect on cities? Having buildings placed closer together along with other architectural work can help reduce the heat island.

Flood resiliency seems to be the new thing for US cities.

Smart cities and how to use data to make the city better
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    You could argue what distance an airport should be from the city. In Denver the airport is a good distance away from the city. Is this a good thing or should it be closer. The people and services have to travel farther to use it, but it does reduce the noise problems and allows the airport to expand if it needs to.

If he likes edge cities, how can you turn a mostly suburban/residential area into an edge city to reduce traffic problems?

Any interest in heat island effect on cities? Having buildings placed closer together along with other architectural work can help reduce the heat island.

Flood resiliency seems to be the new thing for US cities.

Smart cities and how to use data to make the city better
    I will build off the food resiliency and go into applications of urban farming and food deserts.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 17 Feb 2012, 12:52 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 10 Jul 2009, 8:42 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 25 Apr 2008, 11:48 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 19 Jul 1999, 8:17 PM