Urban planning community | #theplannerlife
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Applying for Masters - Concentration: Community Development, Interest in GIS

Registered
    Oct 2016

Applying for Masters - Concentration: Community Development, Interest in GIS

Hi there,

I'm looking to apply to Masters programs in planning for Fall 2017. I'd like to focus in Community Development and want to be sure I learn GIS skills. I'm from the DC area. In no particular order, I'm considering applying to:

1. University of Maryland
    2. VTech at Alexandria
    3. University of Virginia
    4. Hunter College, CUNY
    5. Pratt Institute
    6. University of New Orleans
    7. University of Illinois - Chicago

I would love to hear from past and current students or faculty about these programs! What was your favorite or least favorite aspect of the program you attended? Thank you for your help!

Consider where you may want to live post graduation. Personally, I ended up getting a state job in the same city after finishing grad school. It was easy to network and attend interviews since I was in town.
    The content contrarian

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2016
    Been to grad school twice - my advice is to 1) pay as little as possible for school 2) find a program that has a strong (I mean strong) relationship with the industry 3) attend a school that is in an area with a strong economy.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 10 Aug 2015, 3:50 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 03 Sep 2008, 6:07 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 16 Mar 2008, 7:37 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Aug 2005, 12:31 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last post: 05 Jul 2005, 3:58 PM