Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: Another 'hey' thread

Another 'hey' thread

But at least it's in the correct place.

So, hey. I'm studying for a MSc in Town Planning in my hometown in England and here we have accreditation from the RTPI. After I finish, I hope to get a job in development or something like that, here in the UK. So not sure how much I can contribute to a US forum, but sure it will be interesting to me nonetheless.

I've got a keen interest in the global south, namely the jhuggi basti in Delhi, and I'm going there for a few weeks this year.

Not sure what else to put in here... maybe should have read some other intro threads first.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Hello from Kansas!

Planning is planning so you're always welcome. The rest of the thread are us talking about life and we all have experience on that. We would love to get some opinions from across the pond on both.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Welcome from Michigan. We LOVE planners from the UK around here. If you want to tell us the best places to find fish & chips in your neighbourhood, the worst places for council housing, what all the chavs have been up to lately, or most lasting impacts the 2012 Summer Olympics have had, then feel free to post here - http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

We'd love to get to know you better.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Howdy from the Hoosier State.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Greetings from a former lorry driver from New Jersey, now a planner in the Hoosier state, hard by the Ohio River, below the mighty Falls of the Ohio.
    The old women used to say you could tell the next day’s weather, by whether you could hear the highway or the railroad at night. I recall that they were right more often than not.

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 16
    Last post: 07 Jan 2013, 10:49 PM
  2. Thread thread attention split
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 08 May 2012, 4:35 PM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last post: 17 Jun 2011, 3:41 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last post: 18 Oct 2006, 4:13 PM