Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Wednesday

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I see a new car in my future. What would you get if you had a budget of around $8500
    Well, there was a time that you could get quite a bit for that price... but then Cash for Clunkers happened.

It was 25 degrees this morning with wind gusts strong enough to take down power lines and traffic lights. I have a horrible headache with a screaming ringing in my ears that the OTC stuff has not been able to touch.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

I see a new car in my future. What would you get if you had a budget of around $8500
    No much, I'm afraid.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    You'd look pretty cool in this.

Plus, you could visit me coming and going to pick it up.
    Last edited by mendelman; 15 Mar 2017 at 11:03 AM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post

Plus, you could come visit me coming and going to pick it up.
    A '78 with a little over 54,000 miles on it? Had to be an old persons car or a garage baby. Looks like a car that would have been in the Blues Brothers.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand

Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    A '78 with a little over 54,000 miles on it? Had to be an old persons car or a garage baby. Looks like a car that would have been in the Blues Brothers.
    All that velour!!! You'd be styling in that one maister!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I need more muffins.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jun 2009

Shaggin' wagon!
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    All that velour!!! You'd be styling in that one maister!
    He needs a suit like this to truly rock those code inspections
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I need more muffins.
    Baked from scratch, mix or store bought ?
    What flavor ? & size pan ?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Pizza. I can't go out and enjoy good pizza because the cheap-pleases-everybody food at meetings is pizza. And rarely is it good pizza. Not a week goes by that there aren't boxes of pizza in an office I'm in. I'm sick and tired of eating pizza, and sick and tired of not wanting to eat pizza at my favorite place.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Pizza. I can't go out and enjoy good pizza because the cheap-pleases-everybody food at meetings is pizza. And rarely is it good pizza. Not a week goes by that there aren't boxes of pizza in an office I'm in. I'm sick and tired of eating pizza, and sick and tired of not wanting to eat pizza at my favorite place.
    Last year we were on a streak of making homemade pizza every week. It was really good. Our favorite was red sauce, mozzarella, goat cheese, and caramelized onions. I also made a Korean BBQ Seiten topping that was really good. Now I want pizza.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Last year we were on a streak of making homemade pizza every week. It was really good. Our favorite was red sauce, mozzarella, goat cheese, and caramelized onions. I also made a Korean BBQ Seiten topping that was really good. Now I want pizza.
    Pizza was served at a meeting today, and will be served at office training event tomorrow. Just yuk.

My favorite to make at home has olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, lots of black pepper, ricotta, Parmesan and mozzarella on a thin crust.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Pizza was served at a meeting today, and will be served at office training event tomorrow. Just yuk.

My favorite to make at home has olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, lots of black pepper, ricotta, Parmesan and mozzarella on a thin crust.
    Ooh that sounds good. How do you make a thin crust? Our dough recipe ends up quite doughy.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Ooh that sounds good. How do you make a thin crust? Our dough recipe ends up quite doughy.
    I add little to no oil and roll it thin. You could use a pita bread recipe.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I learned this morning that my wife may not have enough time off to go to the Midwest for a week this summer as planned. We may do a trip up there in September... maybe.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    It was just announced that Trump is going to be the commencement speaker at the big university's graduation here in town. I'm very thankful that I already have plans to be out of the country during that time!

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by gtpeach View post
    It was just announced that Trump is going to be the commencement speaker at the big university's graduation here in town. I'm very thankful that I already have plans to be out of the country during that time!
    To use his own words: Sad that a so-called university/religion that allegedly embraces tolerace/forgiveness and inclusiveness would be on board with this.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Feb 2004
    So we're gonna get Junior tested for ADD today. I'm sure they're going to tell us he's got it bad. Not sure how to respond, though, when they advise us to start him on medication.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2003
    So we're gonna get Junior tested for ADD today. I'm sure they're going to tell us he's got it bad. Not sure how to respond, though, when they advise us to start him on medication.
    That is not fun. Hopefully they can give you other suggestions related to diet and activity too.

The pollen clouds are destroying my allergies right now. Last night I slept kind of like I had been drinking half the night, you know, where you are kind of resting, slightly awake, and super tired when you get up. However I did not have anything to drink yesterday.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Recent storms have caused some serious flooding issues in the region. Wife just informed me that she has to stay late because a co-worker of hers got flooded out of their house this morning.

Workout at the gym was good, but some yahoo in a SAAB pulled into a parking space that I was waiting to turn left into (blinker on and everything). I pulled to the end of the parking lot, but I found it funny that someone would be so lazy that they would steal a parking space from me to be closer to the building, only to go inside and workout. That is just stupid, even on leg day.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I have a lot of work to do - I have a headache - it's raining and foggy - I have a meeting tonight - and my 18 year old is going to put me in an early grave - wtf

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Been there, done that. We medicate a tiny amount and use diet and other tools (including essential oils and activity). And our neuro likes backing off meds over summers too, so that helps.

I had a case of wine delivered to my house. Even better, I forgot I ordered it. Hello wine Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Cheapest NEW car on the web

“The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Still haven't bought the new car yet. It's TOUGH to find a good used car these days. On a side note I am shocked at all the major mechanical problems I'm hearing about in cars manufactured quite recently. Talking like 2012, 2013, or even 2014. I thought we had lemon laws.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2003
    I get to spend one of my vacation days being deposed for something from an old employer.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 20 Mar 2007, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last post: 30 Jun 2004, 4:14 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last post: 27 Feb 2004, 2:15 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last post: 10 Apr 2003, 1:34 PM