Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: WTF Wednesday

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I get to spend one of my vacation days being deposed for something from an old employer.
    Say hi to Maister while your up north.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    Say hi to Maister while your up north.
    Different employer...
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Things to do during my vacation that really don't have much 'vacation' about them include:
    paint trim on house
    probably have uncomfortable discussion with a family member
    get brakes fixed
    read books about various psychological disorders
    'celebrate' Father's Day with FIL
    keep on top of Junior's tutoring
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2005
    My employer might be laying off 200 employees today... budget woes due partially to retirement pension obligations and decisions. Fortunately the Planning Dept. is safe. This probably isn't very PC of me to say but it pisses me off that people are losing their jobs but the retirees won't be affected at all.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I have a new car and I have worked so hard to keep it clean and today I took the trash to the dump and one of the bags leaked all over the seat

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Odd, it seems like there were more fireworks going off in the neighborhood on Sunday and Monday nights than on the 4th itself. Usually neighborhood fireworks continue unabated until a good five days or so after Independence Day. We'll see how it goes tonight.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2009
    The neighborhood had a bunch on the 3rd and did a good show on the 4th. My hood is usually pretty good about being done on the 4th.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    A job applicant called up to find out what time his interview is, postponed it 30 minutes and still isn't here.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    ^^That's one way to make an impression.
    Not valid without corporate seal

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    ^^ He was a no-show.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    ^^ He was a no-show.
    I imagine he won't get a second chance.
    Not valid without corporate seal

^^ He was a no-show.
    Weeded himself out
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Weeded himself out
    Perhaps literally. "I was gonna go to my interview, but then I got high, then I got high . . . "
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Penne with white clam sauce for breakfast today - I make strange choices sometimes...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    My breakfast choice this morning = coffee.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    My breakfast choice this morning = coffee.
    Ate the penne with my second cup o' coffee.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I had my teeth cleaned yesterday. Ever feel reluctant to eat something after you've had a good dental cleaning? Your teeth feel so clean and you really don't want to gunk them up eating Doritos or pepperoni pizza.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I had my teeth cleaned yesterday. Ever feel reluctant to eat something after you've had a good dental cleaning? Your teeth feel so clean and you really don't want to gunk them up eating Doritos or pepperoni pizza.
    I'm in dental cleaning prep mode. No garlic until after my appointment tomorrow.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I'm in dental cleaning prep mode. No garlic until after my appointment tomorrow.
    Eat a couple Oreos in the waiting room before your go back to see the hygienist. That would be fun.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Eat a couple Oreos in the waiting room before your go back to see the hygienist. That would be fun.
    It would make the hygienist's job much easier by visibly showing where food accumulates on one's teeth. Takes all the guesswork out of it.

Registered
    May 2002
    It would make the hygienist's job much easier by visibly showing where food accumulates on one's teeth. Takes all the guesswork out of it.
    Oh. My. God. This comment just reminded me of 2nd grade when we had a teeth brushing session. They would give us these purpose tablets to put in your mouth and they would allegedly stick to all the plaque on your teeth and you had to brush them until it was gone. It was easily the worst tasting stuff I've ever put in my mouth. I used to fake taking my tablet and stand in a corner brushing my teeth so the teacher wouldn't know. It was awful!
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Feb 2004
    So, there are five new items and one old item on the next ZBA agenda. That's about twice as many cases we normally deal with.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    If you're dropping off kids at school just wait in line with the rest of the cars along the curb until you get close enough. Stop driving around everyone to steal the spot of the car that just left.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I get that we women are done with men saying "Hey, smile!" and they can't accept a frown as a resting face but I am so done with women scowling as they drive past you, say in a parking lot, if someone makes eye contact with me like that, I give a pleasant half smile and lately it is met with a stuck up scowl - really? in this world of ignorance right now, can we just give a half pleasant look to each other when acquainted, even for a mere 2 seconds? wtf
    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    My boss is still on vacation. She went on her first longer than a 3 day weekend since starting here, and is in Europe.

My day started with the City Manager (CM) emailing me at 5:00am requesting my presence at a 7:30 meeting. I didn't even see the email until 6:30, by which it's too late to change the morning routine. So I beg my building inspector to go, since he lives close by. Problem? It's the first day of school here. So my BI takes his daughter with him (she sat in the car, but still). I end up missing the entire meeting because of a wreck on the first leg of my journey.

Now I'm stressing over something else, as well. It's a deal that I can't give out details, but the attorney is so slow in responding, so the CM and I are already talking to the other party before the attorney evens finishes reading the damn thing.

I'm in interviews for a GC for a city project all day, yet still have to get sh!t done for tomorrow's CC meeting. Plus I need to get a staff report done for a non-compliant shed in the historic district, and right now I really don't care that it's non-compliant.

This is all in addition to regularly scheduled work activities.

I want to curl up under my desk and suck my thumb.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 20 Mar 2007, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last post: 30 Jun 2004, 4:14 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last post: 27 Feb 2004, 2:15 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last post: 10 Apr 2003, 1:34 PM