Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Beehive-Kickers, cage-rattlers, and other social trolls.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

Beehive-Kickers, cage-rattlers, and other social trolls.

I know this guy in Wisconsin who has a "Hillary for Prison" sticker on the back of his truck. Like me, he leans more libertarian, than republican or democrat, and he could care less if Hillary goes to prison or not, but he put it on his truck just to make other people angry, primarily a super liberal die hard pro-Hillary friend of ours. In fact he put it on an hour before we met up last summer. Sure enough, the mutual friend flipped out and went into a long conspiracy laden lack of proof rant.

I have also heard of people going to bars in Wrigleyville wearing a Sox hat, and I admit that I have walked through the Chicago Airport in a Packer Sweatshirt on a Bears/Packers weekend... on purpose.

Now outside of social media and the internet where it is too easy to be a troll, do you know people who are real life trolls that do things just to get others worked up? What situations are you aware of that they caused someone to flip out or even just get a little agitated.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Just a couple weeks ago a guy park his Suburban across the line and took up 2 parking spaces. I was able to squeeze my little car wholly within one of the half spaces he left next to the driver side. There was no way he could open the driver side door to get in. I did this because it was at a completely full parking lot at a school function & I've seen him do the same thing multiple times.

When I walked up, he was writing down my license plate to "have me towed" - I asked him how, I was parked wholly within my parking space and he was parked illegally so he would be the one that got towed. He was not happy I pointed out he was in the wrong and got quite defensive. The principal came out and after conversation asked if I would move so he could leave. I said I would've done it eventually if he'd asked instead of threatening me. After he left, the principal said that they've had issues with him before.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

I just resort to jerking Mskiis chain from time to time.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Just a couple weeks ago a guy park his Suburban across the line and took up 2 parking spaces. I was able to squeeze my little car wholly within one of the half spaces he left next to the driver side. There was no way he could open the driver side door to get in. I did this because it was at a completely full parking lot at a school function & I've seen him do the same thing multiple times.

When I walked up, he was writing down my license plate to "have me towed" - I asked him how, I was parked wholly within my parking space and he was parked illegally so he would be the one that got towed. He was not happy I pointed out he was in the wrong and got quite defensive. The principal came out and after conversation asked if I would move so he could leave. I said I would've done it eventually if he'd asked instead of threatening me. After he left, the principal said that they've had issues with him before.
    You were truly heroic!

Registered
    Dec 2001

I just shed a tear, that was masterful.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hmmm

Just carry a single tube of super glue with you and glue his door shut.

That is all.
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    Just carry a single tube of super glue with you and glue his door shut.

That is all.
    That is mean. I have dumped a water bottle out into the seam of a door before... when it was -20 F.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 Jun 2009, 12:05 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 05 Jun 2009, 11:05 AM
  3. Yoopers vs Trolls Deathmatch
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 30 Nov 2006, 11:10 AM
  4. Replies: 62
    Last post: 31 Aug 2004, 11:58 AM