Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Philly's new ad campaign

Registered
    Dec 2001

Philly's new ad campaign

As I've mentioned before, Philadelphia, PA is beginning a new marketing program to try to get residents to stay in the city or move back to it.

Some of the new "experimental" advertising has come out. Unfortunatley, the .jpeg are not on the website along with the story becuase I think most here would appreciate them.

Ad #1 is the picture of a standard subdivision (aerial view) with the text: Cookie cutters, they're for the kitchen not the house.

Ad #2 is the picture along a commercial highway cluttered with gas stations signs, fast food signs, starbucks, etc. with the text: Get a real skyline.

All ads have at the bottom:

MO
    VE in

Live Life in Philadelphia

The MOVE is done up like the "LOVE" from love park in Philly if you know what that looks like.

I'm gonna send the Philly Daily News an e-mail to see if I can get a .jpeg of the ad.

Sounds like a really neat ad campaign

Registered
    Aug 2001
    That sounds really interesting... I hope you can get your hands on some jpegs.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'm just thinking that the word "MOVE" might hae negative connotations in Philadelphia. I'm reminded of a certain event about 10 or 15 years ago, which concluded with a burning block of rowhouses.

One ad campaign for an infill New Urbanist commuity in Orlando used the slogan "Suburbs are so 1997."
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

INACTIVE
    Registered
    Jul 2002
    I hope that the current mayor sees the adds and starts to think about some rehabilitation instead of demolition. The new neighborhood they're building in the middle of the city south of Girard looks like your typical auto oriented cookie cutter subdivision to me, complete with dead end streets, metal fences and new strip malls along the arterial, (Girard).

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Campaign jobs
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 26 Oct 2010, 5:13 PM
  2. Philly's best know planner
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 23 Oct 2005, 11:13 PM
  3. Philly's stock goes up.
    Cities and Places