Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Really good small area plans

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013

Really good small area plans

I'm working on getting one that was recently "completed" (written and printed into what looked like a final copy, but not adopted) before I started my job here revised to a point where the PC and Board will want to adopt it. One of the major issues is that the recommendations are vague and not measurable. I agree with that to a large extent, and am working on addressing that issue. Right now I'm just in a brainstorming phase where I am just sort of coming up with random stuff and will sort through it later to determine what actually makes sense.

That said, anyone have any plans that they think are done really well? 'Cause I'm certainly not above "repurposing" other people's ideas! I'm looking for ideas for actionable objectives/recommendations that are actually feasible that will make the plan something that will be used regularly. I would also like to have some sort of implementation timeline/schedule that we can reference and can check off as items are accomplished.

Registered
    May 2002
    I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I was the project manager for this. If you have questions, pm me and I'll follow up.

http://www.boonecountyky.org/plannin...son_study.aspx

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Jun 2013, 11:09 AM
  2. Make no small plans
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 03 Aug 2011, 7:42 PM
  3. Evolving area plans
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 3