Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban planning and data science

Registered
    Oct 2016

Urban planning and data science

I am currently finishing up a double major in Poli Sci and Economics with a minor in Computer science, and I am interested in pursuing graduate studies at the intersection of Urban Planning and Data Science.

Can anyone recommend any schools/programs that offer dual degrees in Urban Planning and Data Science? Or UP programs that put an emphasis on DS or vice versa?

Thanks in advance!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The University of Michigan offers a Masters in Urban Planning and their School of Information might have coursework that interests you.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2013
    Offering a huge second for UMich's dual degree programs. When I attended their open house they had a student on the panel who was doing a dual degree in information systems and planning and it seemed like a great fit for him. I would also look into Carnegie Mellon's Heinz School of Public Policy & Information Systems (a unique program in which both are combined under one roof, although it's not planning specific) as well as MIT.

With this type of background, this is the type of startup you might find yourself working in: https://www.madlan.pro/

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 17 Oct 2014, 6:51 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 19 May 2014, 6:20 PM
  3. Science! Data! And how we use them.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 07 Feb 2014, 4:13 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last post: 31 Oct 2008, 6:16 PM