Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Conditions of approval for use permit - cannabis retailer / dispensary

Registered
    Feb 2007

Conditions of approval for use permit - cannabis retailer / dispensary

Hi all:
    Yes, a technical question for a change. Currently I have been tasked to phase out the paid consultant and research and review various conditions of approvals that are available for use permits surrounding dispensaries / retail sales of cannabis. Obviously this may only be applicable to certain States. Besides the one's laid out in ordinance (security, records, background checks), as well as standard stuff (signage, building permits, hours of operations), anything that sort of jumps out at you that needs to be regulated for a use permit to ensure compliance and err "green" pastures?
    No Signature Required

Registered
    Jan 2009
    These might all be covered somewhere, but I'll throw it out in case in make you say hmmm.
    Any problems with cooking/baking (add your own jokes later), etc. or does someone else make the edibles?
    Problems with growing, is that allowed in store? It was in Arizona.
    Light or energy use in growing?
    Any problems with people rooting through their trash?
    Require quality security cameras, not the kind where Big Foot stole from the corner store.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Buffalo Soldier and I Shot the Sheriff each have a strict limit of 3 plays per day.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Architectural conditions to make sure the building is consistent with surrounding buildings.
    Trash shall be stored within a fully secured area
    No outdoor storage
    Vans with shag carpeting must be parked in the back
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    These are the standards we adopted for our small city in Oregon. Right now we have nine pot shops. Some of the standards reflect State of Oregon requirements.

1. The business must be located in a permanent building and may not be located in a trailer, cargo container or motor vehicle;
    2. The business must be located in a building or tenant space no portion of which is less than 1,000 feet from any lot upon which there is located a public or private elementary, secondary, or career school primarily attended by minors;
    3. The business must be located in a building or tenant space no portion of which is less than 1,000 feet from any lot upon which there is located retail marijuana facility;
    4. The business must not be located on the same lot as a marijuana grow site;
    5. Doorways, windows and other openings shall be located, covered, or screened in such a manner as to prevent a view into the interior from any adjacent exterior public or semipublic area;
    6. No retail marijuana facility, as defined in this chapter, may be open for business earlier than 8:00 a.m. or later than 8:00 p.m. of the same day;
    7. Cultivation or infusion of marijuana at the site of the retail marijuana facility is prohibited;
    8. The business must have a written plan for secure disposal of marijuana remnants or by-products and must provide for secure disposal of marijuana remnants or by-products; such remnants or by-products shall not be placed within the facility’s exterior refuse containers;
    9. The business may not have a drive-through.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Thanks Otis. You rock. I didn't think about the drive-through nor the cargo container thing.
    No Signature Required

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 30 Oct 2017, 8:50 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Mar 2016, 2:02 PM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last post: 20 Jan 2014, 6:31 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last post: 25 May 2004, 2:15 PM
  5. Replies: 4