Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Groundwater pollution prevention map

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013

Groundwater pollution prevention map

Anyone know, is this something official? It's referenced in a small area plan that I'm trying to get adopted, and no one knows what it is. (The plan was drafted before I got here, so the person that put it in is no longer here.) It's capitalized in the plan, so I assumed it was some official thing, but it's not coming up through any internet searches, so it may just be a generic reference to use mapping tools to groundwater pollution prevention?

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Check with the state. For Kansas it would be KDHE (Dept of Health and Environment) or whoever handles pollution spread in the water table. I haven't seen specific prevention maps, but I've seen plume maps that show where the bad stuff is and how it's migrating.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    I think I figured out that part of the issue was that he typed the name incorrectly. It should be "Groundwater Pollution POTENTIAL Map." And it looks like it was produced by our local planning district commission. The fun part is that it was done in 1993 and I can't find a copy anywhere in the office. So I guess I'll be checking with the PDC for it.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Food coma prevention
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 03 Dec 2015, 8:37 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 18 Apr 2013, 4:16 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 12 Sep 2005, 2:31 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 26 Aug 2004, 4:06 PM