Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The New Star Wars Movie

Of the new three, Rogue One was my favorite as well. I actually liked Del Toro's character. He was a mercenary whose services were open to the highest bigger. The actor played the role well. I thought the betrayal added to the suspense and showed the odds they were up against.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jan 2009
    I think Rogue was better, but they're all good and no Jar Jar. I think Rose was their attempt to show the common person as a hero and I'm wondering if the Del Toro character will be used in the next movie to broaden his role.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I enjoyed it too - loved the old-man Luke and I loved the ending with the little boy, though it was a definite Disney moment

You can see the Disney influence on the franchise but it was still a good movie and better than the prequels, except Rogue One yes - still love the 3 originals the best
    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Big Owl View post
    Without spoiling it for anyone, I felt that it was the funniest starwars movie in the franchise. I liked it but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the force awakens; and if it means anything the Return of the Jedi is my all time favorite.
    I agree with all of this.

I've seen it twice now. Right after the first time I thought it was awesome... but then the plot holes/weaknesses started bugging me. I filled in a few of those when I saw it the second time with my son, so now I think it's solid but not one of the best.

Without trying to give spoilers away... I thought that what happened to Snoke was a bit silly seeing as he was supposed to be the "emperor" of the First Order (he should have seen it coming). But it turns out that he might be playing a trick on Rey and Kylo because they are still "connected" which indicates that Snoke is still around...

But I still don't like what Kylo said about Rey's parents... I was hoping for more of an exciting resolution to that question.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Without trying to give spoilers away... I thought that what happened to Snoke was a bit silly seeing as he was supposed to be the "emperor" of the First Order (he should have seen it coming). But it turns out that he might be playing a trick on Rey and Kylo because they are still "connected" which indicates that Snoke is still around...

But I still don't like what Kylo said about Rey's parents... I was hoping for more of an exciting resolution to that question.
    Yeah I have to agree with you on the first point. It seemed too easy to kill off a major villain like that. I actually liked what Kylo said about her parents. It makes sense, and is really the whole crux of the Rebellion to begin with. Everyone matters, no mater where or what you come from. She wants to think that her parents were some great Jedi warriors but why? Will that suddenly change who she is?

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by AG74683 View post
    I actually liked what Kylo said about her parents. It makes sense, and is really the whole crux of the Rebellion to begin with. Everyone matters, no mater where or what you come from. She wants to think that her parents were some great Jedi warriors but why? Will that suddenly change who she is?
    True... I just wanted an epic "Rey I am your father" moment.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    They're doing some Yin and Yang force thing. Killing off Snopes was foreshadowing Luke would die. Kylo and Ren are tied together so as one gets stronger so does the other one. Very mystical crap. In the end there will be a giant hug fest and all the jedi will be dead.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    For the first time in my life I'm actually considering waiting to see a Star Wars movie when it comes out on video. What does that mean?
    I don't know why I'm not particularly excited about the Last Jedi, I mean it's not like Rogue 1 was bad, but I feel almost like the Star Wars tale was already told a generation ago and proceeding beyond Episode 3 was really kind of forced (even more so than the prequels to begin with). Maybe I should go tell some kids to get off my lawn instead
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, Where are you from? doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Maybe I should go tell some kids to get off my lawn instead
    Maybe you should.

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    ...proceeding beyond Episode 3...
    Especially if you refer to Return of the Jedi as Episode 3.
    Last edited by mendelman; 04 Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 67
    Last post: 28 Dec 2015, 1:03 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last post: 18 Nov 2011, 6:42 PM
  3. Star Wars Movie Nerd Alert
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 80
    Last post: 25 May 2005, 1:41 PM