Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 13 (2018)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Got a good result from the EKG at the cardiologist yesterday. Y'all are apparently stuck with me for a while longer.
    Drink a beer to good health!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Got a good result from the EKG at the cardiologist yesterday. Y'all are apparently stuck with me for a while longer.
    Congrats on the good news. You know what they say. Only the good die young, so........
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    Good to know you have a heart! And that it's still working well.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally posted by gtpeach View post
    Good to know you have a heart! And that it's still working well.
    Especially after having had triple by-pass surgery three years ago.

Thanks everybody, even you Bubba.
    Not valid without corporate seal

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Last night at dinner my daughter had some oranges and other fruit I was trying to get her to finish eating so I decided to tell her about the dangers of scurvy. Cut to a few hours later when she was supposed to be asleep and she came out of her room to tell us she couldn't sleep because she was too scared and worried of developing scurvy.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    AIB Gedunker Health news -

Blood Lab measures -

A1c was under 7 (3 month glucose - should be under 7)
    Total Cholesterol was under 110 (should be under 150)
    No ketones/proteins

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Thanks everybody, even you Bubba.
    Like the government, I'm here to help.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2009
    We open at 8. I forgot to open the office door until just now. So busy.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Council item last night. Gave presentation Mayor had 1 question. I had the answer. Approved. Voted to dispense with second reading.

Total time: 3.5 minutes. That includes two motions and two call for votes.

Wish they could all be so straight forward.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Jun 2011
    You know, I really despise variance requests. Very rarely do they have any merit to be granted, and just about every single one of the people applying for one just give off the vibe that they are greater than the law and can do what they want. If I had it my way, I'd eliminate them from my code entirely. Make it fit or move on.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    We open at 8. I forgot to open the office door until just now. So busy.
    Sure, Buddy. How can it be busy if no one can get inside the office and make you busy?

To those of you celebrating good health, congratulations and keep feeling good.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Sure, Buddy. How can it be busy if no one can get inside the office and make you busy?

To those of you celebrating good health, congratulations and keep feeling good.
    Hey, I've had maybe 4 people show up after I opened the door. The city engineer needed help, two guys with permits, and our county counselor who laughed at the inspector that was "attacked" by a raccoon - trash inspection of course.

How old do my kids need to be before I can just abandon them to the house all by themselves for a day?

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    How old do my kids need to be before I can just abandon them to the house all by themselves for a day?
    We're planning on 11 yrs old for our middle son. He's the most responsible of the three. That way we'd have 10, 11 and 12.

Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    How soon do you want to be on the news?

I think that 11 is good, but I'd start out leaving them alone for a quick errand and work up to all day.

If any are pretty close in age, don't be surprised if there's a power struggle over who's the boss. Nip it in the bud.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    well, I am moving back to my sunny island to a new position - all good - going to be crazy getting this place ready for the next person but I am excited as I get to move home, get to work on great stuff, and, I have admin! woo hoo
    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I should be studying about alterations in renal and liver function. Instead I am drinking tea and contemplating life, family, and happiness.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    The Girl was 12 when momma let her stay by herself between school & us getting home. That morphed into staying home all day and one of us coming home for lunch, which lead to all day.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    If any are pretty close in age, don't be surprised if there's a power struggle over who's the boss. Nip it in the bud.
    I won't have to worry about a power struggle as the oldest and youngest are not type As, but there will be a greater possibility of the middle one getting guff about the rules from his brothers, but my wife and I will be sure to 'judo-chop' that in the bud.

Canadians can do bluegrass, I guess.

Last edited by mendelman; 05 Jan 2018 at 3:50 PM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    well, I am moving back to my sunny island to a new position - all good - going to be crazy getting this place ready for the next person but I am excited as I get to move home, get to work on great stuff, and, I have admin! woo hoo
    Congrats LP, nice that you won't have to be driving so much.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Congratulations! I can’t keep track of you, but this sounds like a good move.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Congrats on getting to go home. Have fun with that and having an admin! Life is good.

The kids are 11 and almost 9. Super responsible. We have no problem leaving them for small errands. I've just got something coming up on a weekend that I know they'll be bored as crap and mom won't be around. I'm actually more worried about the power struggle than anything else. You know the dreaded call in the middle of a meeting about big sister hit me... I'll have to see what the wife thinks. If not I'll just have bored kids for a day.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    My kids have been staying home alone this winter break. 12 and 7. They are pretty good kids. I usually have a list of chores for them to finish, and i check in on them with facetime. The house has yet to burn down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My ex-wife wants more money. I don't have shiz to give. Like seriously, you are married now, go ask your hubby to work a 2nd or 3rd job like you asked me to do to keep a "lifestyle"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Who in the right mind schedules 3 soccer games, less than 2 hours apart from each other. That's pretty cruel to expect 12-13 year old girls to work that hard on a cold winter's day.
    No Signature Required

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Legendary astronaut John Young, has died, was 87.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.a77a46330462

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Excellent news! Congratulations!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12049
    Last post: 31 Dec 2013, 11:58 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141