Urban planning community | #theplannerlife
+ Reply to thread

Thread: 2018 resolutions

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

2018 resolutions

Anyone have resolutions they wish to share?

I often do vague or unreasonable goals that only depress me as I try to restart them for Lent and fail, so this year I am trying to do 3 simple things:

1. Drink a glass at water at specific times of the day: one when I wake up, before I leave the house, before/after lunch, before leaving office, when I get home and one before bed - it's not 8, but it's close and I do have a cup of herbal tea in the afternoon so that would make it 8
    2. Stretch and plank when I wake up
    3. Eat 3 pieces of fruit per day
    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

I don't do resolutions. After the holiday binge-a-thon, I need to lose some weight. However, that's an on going problem for me.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jun 2011
    My only resolution is to clear out my second bedroom and make it an actual functioning guest room.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by AG74683 View post
    My only resolution is to clear out my second bedroom and make it an actual functioning guest room.
    My only resolution is very similar to yours - I want to clean out the closet in the den which my wife has somehow managed to stuff every piece of crap in the house into and now we cannot find a single thing in there. The next time I am home alone, I am taking everything out of there and laying it out on the flat surfaces in the den and sifting through it all. I hope to be able to throw most everything away.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Aug 2001
    [stalker] I resolve to call her up a thousand times a day [/stalker]
    Habitual Offender

Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    [stalker] I resolve to call her up a thousand times a day [/stalker]
    Every little thing she does is magic.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    My only resolution is very similar to yours - I want to clean out the closet in the den which my wife has somehow managed to stuff every piece of crap in the house into and now we cannot find a single thing in there. The next time I am home alone, I am taking everything out of there and laying it out on the flat surfaces in the den and sifting through it all. I hope to be able to throw most everything away.
    We have a couple closets like this. I just leave it. My wife will eventually do something about it. Won't she?

No set resolution for me. I'm just going to work on the weight problem. What're you looking at? You're looking at my gut aren't you? Well I'm working on it.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I'll tell you what isn't one of my resolutions this year - losing weight. I'm going to focus this year on trying to find my own happiness, if that makes sense.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I'll tell you what isn't one of my resolutions this year - losing weight. I'm going to focus this year on trying to find my own happiness, if that makes sense.
    I do something kind of similar - I try to focus on one key idea or aspect or quality that I want to be intentional about cultivating. I don't usually stay focused through the entire year, but it'll come to mind from time to time and it's helpful just to put some devoted attention to one thing. Last year, it was the idea of being enough. This year, it's the idea of worthiness. Related, but a different key concept.

I will say that I did start out the year creating a fresh habit tracker (bullet journaling, anyone?). But those are more just general things to be aware of, and less about accomplishing specific outcome-oriented goals. But there are things on there like eating two homemade meals per day or whether I recorded a gratitude for the day. Just things to help me understand my behaviors and work towards health and contentment.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    1. Read 10 books.
    2. Get back to running 3x at week.
    3. Get the band back together.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 4442
    Last post: 14 Dec 2018, 2:31 PM
  2. Replies: 142
    Last post: 16 Nov 2018, 9:56 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 21 Dec 2017, 7:41 PM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last post: 09 Aug 2017, 2:21 PM
  5. 2018 Beloit College Mindset List
    Friday Afternoon Club