Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Have you seen the two cellos?

Registered
    Jul 1998

Have you seen the two cellos?

“As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I saw a bit about them on tv. Might have been on one of those Sunday morning news magazine type shows.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2002
    They're entertaining. Once. I feel the same way about TSO (albeit on a much larger scale).
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think it shows the connection between classical and rock music. In some cases rock music has a very heavy classical influence. Van Halen's Eruption (the lead-in instrumental for You Really Got Me) sounds almost like a Bach toccata played on guitar. A lot of classical music played with fuzzy guitars actually makes good rock and roll (Emerson Lake and Palmer did a few rock interpretations of classical pieces). Early Genesis had a heavy classical music influence.

I can also kind of imagine people hundreds of years ago "rocking out" to lively classical music.

So... the Two Cellos guys don't surprise me much at all; seems about right if you ask me.

Quote Originally posted by MD Planner View post
    They're entertaining. Once. I feel the same way about TSO (albeit on a much larger scale).
    Ugh. I simply can't stand TSO.

+ Reply to thread