Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: 3rd month craziness (NCAA Basketball)

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

3rd month craziness (NCAA Basketball)

Not to step on trademark toes, but are we doing brackets for 3rd month craziness (NCAA basketball). If so I am in.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    Not to step on trademark toes, but are we doing brackets for 3rd month craziness (NCAA basketball). If so I am in.
    I would be interested as well.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Now is the time to start getting interested in college basketball!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I hate that the Big 10 finished their tournament so early this year. I don't like that Michigan has this much time off before they play again in the NCAA Tournament and I just don't like waiting for the Big Dance to begin!
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    I hate that the Big 10 finished their tournament so early this year. I don't like that Michigan has this much time off before they play again in the NCAA Tournament and I just don't like waiting for the Big Dance to begin!
    The decision to have it early just so it could be at MSG made no sense to me.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    sneaking in to say I am in too
    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    I'm not in, but just waited to stop in and say my 9 yr old son and I are looking forward to watching as many games as possible. He's really got into the tournament two years ago.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    ESPN Group:
    Cyburbia2018

Unless we want to do a Yahoo Group...
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I'm sort of mad that Michigan won the Big 10 tournament, defeating MSU on its way to the final but Michigan State got their first and second round game in Detroit while Michigan has to go to Wichita.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    May 2002
    So what bracket are we using? Pretty sure Hink set up one on Yahoo before this one on ESPN. Maybe one of the mods could merge the two threads?
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

I am in with the pix made.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Wow, #2 seed UNC got annihilated by Texas A&M. After establishing dominance it pretty much stayed a 20 pt game throughout. Never felt like UNC had a chance. I'm afraid for Michigan when they go up against Texas.

Can't believe those frickin' Spartans losing to Syracuse!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    South Regional Final (in Atlanta): No. 5 Kentucky versus No. 9 Kansas State, and No. 7 Nevada versus No. 11 Loyola-Chicago. Related trivia - this is the first time in tournament history that a regional final will be played without at least one of the top four seeded teams.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jun 2011
    This is the best tournament in years, maybe ever. Two 1 seeds out already, one to a 16 team! Xavier goes out against FSU, Loyola bumps Tennessee AND Miami, Nevada over UConn. It's a wild one.

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post

Can't believe those frickin' Spartans losing to Syracuse!
    Yeah that a tough one. I pray Syracuse is done after Friday evening. Sorry LP. But I'm consistent. I've hated Jim Boheim since about 1985.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by MD Planner View post
    Yeah that a tough one. I pray Syracuse is done after Friday evening. Sorry LP. But I'm consistent. I've hated Jim Boheim since about 1985.
    I hate him too and I didn't think they would make it this far, so I jinxed them in winning - I have a few brackets spinning around with Michigan, Villanova, xavier and Arizona taking it but I did do one for Syracuse winning, just in case - I predicted a few upsets but not enough

It has been a great year for upsets though!
    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    With everything that has transpired on the court, I'm surprised that I have 9 of the Sweet 16. At least that's higher than 50% right.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I checked where I stood this morning...I can attest that I still haven't watched a single game all season (including the tournament) and somehow I'm still kind of in it.

This was the only NCAA tournament I watched over the weekend...and it was full of great performances and upsets...

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nca...tandings-final

This was just outstanding...and I'm still not sure how he pulled it off (what I'm talking about starts at 2:29 of the video)...

"Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    May 2002
    Thanks for posting that NHPlanner! That whole finals was incredible. Cael is an absolutely unbelievable coach. I thought OSU was going to unseat the champs this year but nope. Nickal made an awesome move. He just used Martin's momentum to get him into the cement mixer. PSU: 7 of the last 8 years as national champs. This is getting (if not already there) into dynasty discussion. And PSU only loses Rutherford next year I believe while OSU I think had 4 seniors.

Wrestling is such an exciting sport, particularly once you understand it a bit. Still can't believe it took global lobbying to keep it as an Olympic sport.

I think this will be the year of the busted brackets and upsets.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 56
    Last post: 25 Apr 2014, 11:33 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last post: 23 Jul 2013, 1:34 AM
  3. Replies: 39
    Last post: 12 Feb 2007, 2:49 PM
  4. Semi-Annual Clock Craziness
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 29 Oct 2005, 5:29 PM