Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My family makes me look better by comparison:

Registered
    Aug 2001

My family makes me look better by comparison:

Any of you have those relatives that make you look better by comparison? I've got several:

Cousin knocks up chick, marries chick, has child, diviorces chick. Knocks up ex-wife. Convinces her to abort it. Then knocks up his new chick the same month. Married new chick.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    My Harvard-educated cousin (same age as me) works as a hostess in a popular Boston restaurant whereas I toiled for 8 years in undergraduate and graduate school at a public university and am now considered a legitimate professional.

Sorta pales in comparison to bturk's cousin, but still.....

Registered
    Dec 2001
    We'd be hear all day if I ran down the list...

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Lordie where to begin. I have an aunt that so thoroughly over-protected and spoiled her three kids that not a single one has anything remotely akin to "social skills" and all have developed some sort of psych problms - OCD, depression, social anxiety, etc.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    (Have the flu, and I can't concentrate on work.)

Gawd ... my family is squeaky clean. We're talking no divorces, little dysfunctionality, nothing. The big scandal is that one of my cousins is a lesbian. Yawn.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I have this 22 year old sister, got a full ride to college-flunked out got mixed up in drugs while she was modeling. top that with bad men and her college career is over. got some big tatts that ruined any hope of modeling in the future.

she moves to Fla, get married to the spoiled son of a lawyer labor day weekend-she filed for divorce last week. after he used up her life savings, trust fund, cheated on her and refused to work

so now she is 22, got a couple STDs, divorced, no education and no skills-oh yha and no money.

sigh
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Some family members have done stupid things in the past, but in general they all lead productive lives. I think that all of my cousins have finished college, and about half have gone on to grad school or law school afterwards.

I kind of wish that I had some messed up relatives to make family reunions more interesting. I have some friends with weirdo families that I love hearing about.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Not a darn one of you would believe me if I really told the truth about one very special relative and I'll just leave it at that.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by El Guapo
    Not a darn one of you would believe me it I really told the truth about one very special relative and I'll just leave it at that.
    No, please do tell....

Ohhh I almost forgot... I have a cousin that lives in vegas who has zero social skills. He finally moved out of his parents house at age 35 and got a job fixing slot machines in vegas. He creeps everyone out at family gatherings because he is so strange. One of my cousins wan't even go to reunions because he is so creepy. A few years back he made some professional tape of him singing religious songs and hymns that he wrote and performed himself. He dedicated the tape to his family and to the memory of "Our Beautiful Princess Diana" He sent everyone a copy for Christmas. So my family and my cousins got together and played the tape. I was rolling on the ground laughing at how terrible this was. I am sure this was not his intent. Needless to say, I am going to hell.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Then there's my sister in law that cheated on her husband with one of her coworkers. When the cheater's wife found out, she killed herself, then the sis in law throws a birthday party a week later in the dead's house. Cheater's kids are so freaked out by mom's death and the sudden appearance of "new" mom, that they can't even go home and have to live with their grandparents.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    All right...let's just say I have a 40 y/o aunt and uncle who party like they are 22. Coke, E, pot, you name it. And they have 4 kids andlive in my grandmom's house.

Grandmom is the permanent baby-sitter. They put the kids in bed at 9pm hit the clubs all night, and return home just in time for the kids to get up.

OK...my cousin..she's 28 and has a 10 y/o daughter and 1 y/o son (different fathers of course). The 10 y/o got left back in school last year because she missed over 100 days of school (mom didn't feel like taking her).

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Wow! I have a pretty normal family. I might be the strangest one of the lot, but not too bad, I hope.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by bturk
    Then there's my sister in law that cheated on her husband with one of her coworkers. When the cheater's wife found out, she killed herself, then the sis in law throws a birthday party a week later in the dead's house. Cheater's kids are so freaked out by mom's death and the sudden appearance of "new" mom, that they can't even go home and have to live with their grandparents.
    Ok- bTurk wins.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by El Guapo

Ok- bTurk wins.

No...!! I got more white trash family, I just didn't feel like typing it all right now....

I challenge bTurk to the White Trash Family of the Year Award....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Cousin #2 married into the local mob. (jtfortin - know the Ballestreri name?).

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I have a family member who lives in Villas, NJ (think mobile homes).

Registered
    Aug 2001
    How about the my great uncle that lived with his wife. And his mistress. In the same house. For over 30 years. The wife wouldnt diviorce him because she was ultra catholic, so she just 'accepted' the sinners in her house.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    My wife's great grandparents were PA Dutch....and related.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    man hell is busting at the seams!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    Hell can't scare a man who lived with a wife AND mistress...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    Maybe there wont be room for all of us?

Registered
    Feb 1998
    When my sister-in-law had a spat with my brother, she went to stay (unannounced) with our mother.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My mother in law tells people in town that my youngest son was not fathered by my husband. We have been married for 17 years. In comparison - his oldest sister 1 child, 1 husband, two live-ins, one husband, another child. Next sister - 1 boyfriend, 1 live-in, 1 live-in who became husband #1, ex-husband #1; 1 live-in that produced 1 child, husband #2, ex-husband #2; she won't let current boyfriend move in. All of this in the 18 years I have known this family.

Funny thing, if the youngest was fathered by someone other than my husband, his mother might have to accept me as one of them. Ick.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    hell is sounding fun to me

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 17
    Last post: 24 Apr 2008, 8:54 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 11 Dec 2006, 2:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Sep 2006, 1:05 PM
  4. Obesity comparison
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17