Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: My family makes me look better by comparison:

Registered
    Dec 2001
    All 3 of my aunts on one side married gay men the first time around-

The rest is just too crazy and whacked to even think about putting on here. Mostly drinking problems that led to someone setting themselves, and the house, on fire or psychological problems that need serious medications. Amazingly, I don't think anyone has ever gone to jail.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    My family is actually kind of on the normal side. The one person sticks out is my Uncle Mike - my mom's brother. I've only met him a couple times in my life because my mom for the most part hates him. He is a rough sort - drugs, prison, etc. etc. etc. No one even knows where he is at - he is not around and doesn't contact anyone. I never knew the whole story, so I didn't understand why my mom felt the way she did.

Until......

May 2001, my Grandfather died (mom's dad), and somehow someone got ahold of Uncle Mike. He apparently was able to hitch a ride up to Bay City for the funeral. He showed up wearing a a pair of raggedy black jeans and a tshirt that said 'Support your Local Hookers'. Afterward he hitched his way back to wherever and no one has heard from him since.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by SW MI Planner

May 2001, my Grandfather died (mom's dad), and somehow someone got ahold of Uncle Mike. He apparently was able to hitch a ride up to Bay City for the funeral. He showed up wearing a a pair of raggedy black jeans and a tshirt that said 'Support your Local Hookers'. Afterward he hitched his way back to wherever and no one has heard from him since.
    omg, sorry, but the t-shirt part made me lol.

As far as family skeletons, we just found out that rob's great grandfather was an uppity up in the buffalo italian mafia, and had to change his name and leave his family because of a falling out.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    omg, sorry, but the t-shirt part made me lol
    I couldn't stop laughing at the funeral, so that's ok!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    My cousin sported a neat little hicky to my wedding....

Registered
    Mar 2002
    oh lets not get started on the wedding thing again-i still have nightmares bout mine!
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2002
    Dad's little sister, or, what happens to spoiled kids in the end: 4 kids, at least 3 different fathers, on husband #5. All kids have some kind of medical or psychological "problem" and Auntie has some kind of "disability" and can't work. She's the charming sort who believes the world owes her one.

My grandmother's aunt takes the cake for colorful family characters. She was a slumlord in Okeechobee who wrestled and hunted alligators for fun. I have a picture of her around the age of 60 sitting on a 12 foot gator that she had just bagged.

My husband and I routinely get into the "who has the most white trash family" debate. My alligator wrestling great-great-aunt wins every time!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    My family is quite normal, mabye except of my grandmother (mother's side) that's a little too selfish and quite dependant on my grandfather. Actually now, you can't blame her of much, since she is quite old 80 something (nobody knows her exact age) and she lived some hard times (the 29's depression) so I guess that maked her a lot.

So you see, I don't stand a chance, mabye I stand a chance at the Most normal family :P, but I don't think it's that normal...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We are all plain vanilla. No divorces, no prison time, no illegitimate(sp?) kids. Only tattoos are on my parents. and my Mom shaves my dad's head - guess she likes baldies.

Though I do have two siblings who married Canadians if that counts?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by Jen

Though I do have two siblings who married Canadians if that counts?
    We have a winner here !!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Mike DeVuono

We have a winner here !!
    I'll probably end up marrying a Canadian... maybe *I'm* the weird one after all...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Hey, maybe the wierd ones ARE the Canadians. They only appear to be normal.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    lol as strange as i am-the family says im best of the bunch. this will all get rehashed this weekend-family get together so dad can meet the boyfriend (who he already does not like becouse hes a yankee and a lawyer)

sigh
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 17
    Last post: 24 Apr 2008, 8:54 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 11 Dec 2006, 2:57 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Sep 2006, 1:05 PM
  4. Obesity comparison
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17