Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Anti war stickers

Registered
    Mar 2002

Anti war stickers

OK all its no shock im pretty darn anti war with Iraq-thats not what im talking about here. Here in DC the anti war feeling is getting stronger by the day and I want to make a contribution in a small way. The whole make your own bumper sticker thing got me thinking about making some up. I challenge you guys to help me come up with stickers. Maybe order some of your own and get your friends to put them up and spread the word, not all Americans support Bush in this.

I support the troops not the war.

PG
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Dec 2001
    If you support our troops then don't go getting all hippie like and start protesting the war. Most of these "guys" are "kids" and don't know the difference between a protest that supports them but not the war. Quite frankly, I don't know if I do either.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It was impossible for me to understand the idea when I was over there a decade ago. How can somebody be anti-war and yet not opposed to the people fighting it? I saw enough of what Saddam's troops did in Kuwait to make me believe that the war was justified and in fact, even a humanitarian action.

Perhaps I have some different perspective now, as I do oppose a war with Iraq this time around. Still, I struggle to see how I can at once say the war is wrong, and yet those who fight it are not. We as a nation, our leaders, and the troops who fight our wars are clearly in the right in helping a world-wide effort to oust an army committing atrocities within a nation it has invaded. The picture is not so clear this time around. Who carries the responsibility? Those who do the fighting? Just our leaders? The people who electerd them? I think that is why they call it a moral dilemma.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I used to be pro-war, but I've been doing a lot of thinking the past several weeks. Military actions of the United States are almost always the result of being a part of a UN joint force, an act of self-defense -- striking back -- or coming to the aid of a beleagured ally. This time, though, we seem to be striking first, going on the offensive without being provoked. Seems un-American, in my book. Stick to basics ... rebuild Afghanistan, finish off Al Qeada, prove ourselves to the Islamic world, and then get on with life.

I'm not a fan of knee-jerk reacions either way ... the "US can do no wrong!" crowd on the right versus the "US does everything wrong!" progressives.

Want the Axis of Evil to fall? Thaw relations with Iran -- they've extended thair hand in friendship more than once in recent years. Iraq will collapse under its own inepitude; Saddam Hussein keeps killing off military leaders, and eventually they'll strike back. They've got the guns, not the Ba'th party rank and file. North Korea? A bit more complicated.

How about this ...

"Midland called. They want their idiot back."

"Forget Iraq. Invade Texas!"

"(Bush with a mullet) IROC? I thought you said Iraq?")

"Bin Ladin wants us to invade Iraq"

Here's a t-shirt idea ...

GEORGE W BUSH
    WORLD TOUR

2001 Kabul
    2002 Bagdad
    2003 Pyongyang
    2004 Tehran
    2005 Caracas
    2006 Ottawa
    2007 Berkeley

Registered
    Dec 2001

agree with the shirts

but if the simpsons have taught us anything....

Homer and bart walking on the beach in Rio.....

Lifegaurd: Hello!? Americans!?

Homer: How'd you know?

Homer's shirt says...
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    "My Marine went to Bagdad and all I got was this lousy sticker"

Registered
    Mar 2002
    hehe cute
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Dec 2001
    How 'bout...

"My wife won't let me go play war with the rest of the boys "

Registered
    Mar 2002
    smart wife

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    smart wife
    Oxymoron?

(Yes, I will be going to Hell one of these days. I just couldn't resist.)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Michael Stumpf

Oxymoron?

Damn, we're on a roll this morning. I've already put in a 45 hour work week before I started today, so what the heck...

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Time spent trolling around here does not count as a work day....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    This is basic planning research. For you non-government worker-types, "billable hours" charged off to municipal clients.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by Michael Stumpf

Oxymoron?

Mike, tell me again why you're the 30 somthing y.o. single guy?

kidding.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Just for the record, I'm not into the "barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen" thing.

Sure, it's OK if they want to help with the cooking.

Pregnant scares the bejeezus (sp?) out of me.

I kinda like the barefoot idea, though.

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Originally posted by KMateja

Mike, tell me again why you're the 30 somthing y.o. single guy?

kidding.
    Smart Guy.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by prudence

Smart Guy.
    Now there's the real oxymoron!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    While at lunch I saw on CNN that there are several cities across the country planning anti-war protests.

Why is it cool to be in college and protest?

Isn't there some convicted murderer somewhere they can lobby release for?

Now is the time to be showing support for our boys, not waving your peace buttons in the air. Especially now that we are finding chemical warheads.

I mean seriously, CNN does not report on (nor do they probably even know) the half of waht is really going on in Iraq.

We are there for a reason, and right now the American people do not need to know all the details, but they do need to show their support for the boys, especially the 50 of mine who left on Tuesday.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    um Mike most the folks i ahve talked to going to the big protest in the City tomorrow are older, like in 40s and 50s, white collar or ex military sort

dad and i had planned to march together-with him in his old uniform(proud army warrent officer)

its not just a college kid protest thing. this is church groups, professional groups, people that give a damn.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I wouldn't protest about this- only because other countries are going to show the protestors and say we all hate Bush.. blah blah blah, Americans are evil, Bush is evil... and troops won't really see that protestors are supporting the troops while not supporting the war- they'll see a protest against a possible war they might give their lives in- not a morale booster. This is how I see it: I'd be pissed if people marched against my city's policies- I have to enforce them, I signed up for this gig. I knew what I was getting into and I have to be loyal, through the nay-saying bs-ers and doubters, through not even really agreeing with the policies. I'd want to smack the hell of of the protestors.

JMHO-
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Dona nobis pacem

Grant us peace-

I'll be with ya in spirit in Danie!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Thanks
    im damn proud i live some where where i can speak out about actions my gov makes that i dont like.

yall have a good weekend and stay warm

Registered
    Apr 2002
    My anti war bumper stickers:

"Support a strong & effective diplomatic corps;
    So our military doesn’t have to die cleaning up the mess"

"Stop anti war protesters;
    They undermine diplomacy"

"Support a draft;
    So you'll think twice before unbridled consumption"

"Make war inevitable:
    Drive a SUV and live in a McMansion"
    Cheers,
    UrbanRunner
    :)

Registered
    Mar 2002
    rotfl

cute

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 98
    Last post: 01 Mar 2012, 3:58 PM
  2. cool bumper stickers
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 73
    Last post: 29 Jan 2010, 2:31 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Mar 2004, 1:08 PM
  4. Free Bumper Stickers
    Friday Afternoon Club