Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: G-D! Its about time! Yay!

Registered
    Oct 2000

G-D! Its about time! Yay!

And where will you be June 21st? This totally made my morning. yes, i am a dork.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    no worse then me going for my monthly fix at the comic shop.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have yet to read these... I keep thinking that I might pick up a few from the kids, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I haven't had a desire to read those books. Is something wrong with me?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I read the first one and listened to it on tape. Saw the movie and was very disapointed, the characters were just emotionless I flipped it off about halfway through.

Now LOtR, I am reading the last of the trilogy - I thought the movie was great!

Originally posted by Planderella
    I haven't had a desire to read those books. Is something wrong with me?
    I haven't seen the movies nor have I read the books, nor am I an any hurry to do either. Eventually I am sure I will watch the movies.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I have read the first two books and have the third one in wait for a stormy weekend- maybe this weekend

I have enjoyed the books so far but haven't seen the movie so I can't compare.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I'll be at B&N buying the book- I love the books and the movies weren't half bad.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    The books are pretty well-written for children's novels. They remind me of the Chronicles of Narnia (C.S. Lewis), which I loved as a kid (and still think are pretty darn cool.)

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I was also a big narnia fan, and read all of the Oz books as a kid, as well as wrinkle in time series. but i just LOVE the HP books. the movies, well, they were ok. but i've just been completely sucked into the books. i'll probably be one of the sad sacks at borders at 12:01 friday the 20, and schedule nothing for the weekend so i can read the book. yay!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    If you enjoyed the Oz books and like speculative fiction check out Phillip Jose Farmer's "A Barnstormer in Oz". It is a really good book. It is not a kids book. The premise is that Dorothy was a real person and that Oz does exist. Probably find it in the SF section of your book store.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    As you can see from my sig, I like Sci-fi books . I just love Bradbury, Asimov and William Gibson.
    I liked C.S. Lewis' Narnia Chronicles, in my childhood. And the Screwtype letters were cool too.
    I haven't read any Harry Potter novel, and I don't intend to do so. It's just not my type of novel.
    I tried to read J.R.R. Tolkien's Hobbit but I got bored right away...

Oh, well everybody has diferent tastes, you don't have to like sci-fi, you're not going to be a bad person because you like Harry Potter or LotR.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'll have to reserve 2 copies to purchase, one for me and one for my son. Otherwise we'll be fighting over it!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by donk
    If you enjoyed the Oz books and like speculative fiction check out Phillip Jose Farmer's "A Barnstormer in Oz". It is a really good book. It is not a kids book. The premise is that Dorothy was a real person and that Oz does exist. Probably find it in the SF section of your book store.
    Those guys from the Houston Zoning forums asked me if I wanted to play Oz with them....I wasn't falling for that one.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 6
    Last post: 29 Aug 2008, 10:23 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Jul 2008, 6:20 PM
  3. Part Time / Full Time Mayors
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 06 Apr 2005, 3:24 PM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last post: 14 Jan 2005, 9:12 PM