Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaving, fka Women, what's with the "healing?"

Registered
    Dec 1998
    It's comforting to know that I'm not the only woman who slacks up on the leg shaving during the winter months.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I'm SOOOOO happy that yoga pants are fashionable for the gym now! now my legs don't see the light of day between Nov. and April.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Your not alone sisters
    i only shave now on date nights or for shoots

otherwise im not gonna ruin my skin more than it is till things warm up
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    Your not alone sisters
    i only shave now on date nights or for shoots

otherwise im not gonna ruin my skin more than it is till things warm up
    sing it, sista. i'm dry enough as it is.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I used to live in a hippie dippie town... I think before yoga became popular these healing sessions were even more prevalent. They often involved yoga, deep breathing, a lot of the same stuff that many of you probably currently are doing or have done in the past. Or at least the gym I used to go to had that kind of program that was marketed as a women's relaxation session. I enjoyed it! It was nice to be in the company of other women who were more interested in relaxing and being happy, instead of getting together with a room full of women to harp on men and complain all the time, or worse yet... gossip.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    A bunch of hairy women sitting around, drinking chai, burning incense and ranting about the problems with men. Sounds fun.

I think I'll head out to the cabin with the guys, drink a few beers, do some fishing and talk about women.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Actually... at this stage in my life, hanging with Michael sounds more fun. Well, except the beer part.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by nerudite
    Actually... at this stage in my life, hanging with Michael sounds more fun. Well, except the beer part.
    The Cyburbia Fishing Trip - a proposal for a mobile workshop at the next APA conference.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    A bunch of hairy women sitting around, drinking chai, burning incense and ranting about the problems with men. Sounds fun.

I think I'll head out to the cabin with the guys, drink a few beers, do some fishing and talk about women.
    What about a bunch of hairy men sitting around, drinking beer, smelling their own flatulence, and talking about the girl from last night?

Actually, I'd be with Mike too, except for definately with the beers

Registered
    Dec 2001
    You're all a bunch of women! I shave my legs every day with no ill side effects....nothing a little cocoa butter can't fix you know

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Mike DeVuono
    You're all a bunch of women! I shave my legs every day with no ill side effects....nothing a little cocoa butter can't fix you know
    And I bet you look really cute in a skirt, too.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Mike dear is there anything you want to tell us? its ok we are all family here. open up, express your inner whatever

hehe
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The image of a marine / firefighter shaving his legs is disturbing.

Totally blows the whole 'hero' thing.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    At least he smells good (probably)

Registered
    Oct 2000
    sorry. i just hate investing the time when nobody that cares is going to see them.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by bturk
    The image of a marine / firefighter shaving his legs is disturbing.

Totally blows the whole 'hero' thing.
    I don't know, kind of makes me think he's ga ga over Enrique Iglesias (sp?)
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    hey i dont shave much becouse i get tired of itchy skin-i feel like some sorta snake. they get shaved once a week on the norm-its the only time i wish i was blonde

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by KMateja

sorry. i just hate investing the time when nobody that cares is going to see them.
    It's not the seeing... it's the feeling. I don't like it when my legs feel hairy... and I don't even get sandpaper stubble like some chicks.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    ah, see, you're not letting them grow out long enough. eventually it gets soft.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Oh I knew that was going to get this place going

No seriously, I do shave my legs, I have to because I race bikes remember. If you've ever tried picking gravel out of hairy legs or seen the infectious mess that results after a crash you'd know why...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by KMateja
    ah, see, you're not letting them grow out long enough. eventually it gets soft.
    Actually, I have really fine hair in general. So it's not prickly or anything... I just like to have smooth skin I guess.

I used to date a moslem that shaved just about everything below the neckline. Religious thing... but it was an interesting tactile experience.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Oh I knew that was going to get this place going

No seriously, I do shave my legs, I have to because I race bikes remember. If you've ever tried picking gravel out of hairy legs or seen the infectious mess that results after a crash you'd know why...
    I figured that was why...but Mike, uh - bike races are a summer thing. Did you find you likely the silky soft feel?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Sure Mike we belive you, sure

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Originally posted by nerudite
    shaved just about everything below the neckline.
    Everything? *shudder*

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by Tranplanner

I figured that was why...but Mike, uh - bike races are a summer thing.
    Races = summer....

Riding = Year round

Crashes = Any time....

Believe it or not...you'll actually get made fun of if you have hairy legs on a bike....don't ask.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 26
    Last post: 28 Aug 2013, 11:07 AM
  2. Replies: 48
    Last post: 23 Aug 2013, 3:42 PM
  3. Replies: 62
    Last post: 22 Aug 2013, 11:35 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 8:38 AM
  5. Replies: 4