Urban planning community

Poll results: What do you plan to do this Sunday?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Watch Tampa Bay whup Oakland's patoots

5 25.00%
  • Watch Oakland raid the Bucs

6 30.00%
  • Who cares about football...just let me watch the commercials

4 20.00%
  • Other...explained below

5 25.00%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Superbowl XXXVII

Registered
    Dec 1998

Superbowl XXXVII

What's your pleasure?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Im strange-i wont be watching. I dont own a TV and have zero intrest in the game.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

These are probably the two teams that I least wanted in the Super Bowl, but I am going Raiders all the way. I hate the Bucs. I hate Sapp, I hate the Johnsons (Brad and Me-Shawn), and I hate that feisty midget Gramatica

Raiders 24, Bucs 17
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    As much as I have liked the Raiders in the past....I hope it goes down like this (remember...this is a Patriots fan talking)....

Late in the fourth quarter, Oakland down by 2. Gannon goes back to pass is sacked, and appears to fumble. The officials review the play and determine that it was an incomplete pass because of the tuck rule. Then, with a second chance, the Raiders go for the game winning field goal with 2 seconds left. Janikowski's kick is long enough, but goes wide right. Tampa wins.

This way the Raiders can stop bitching about the tuck rule, since it would have been used in their favor, but still lose.

Sorry....I'm still bitter about all the whining and complaining from Raider fans from last year's playoff game at Foxboro.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I don't particularly care for Tampa either but I'll go on and throw some support to the division champs. One of these days the Saints will go marching into a superbowl....I just hope it's in my lifetime. **sigh**

Registered
    Oct 2000
    for some reason, my vote won't tally, but i voted for commercials, who cares about football. i don't even care about the commercials, but the Superbowl is Rob's family's big holiday, so we're going over there and i'm in charge of the spinach artichoke dip. at halftime rob and his dad his 8 million bars and stewarts to collect on their numbers. i imagine i'll just crash on a couch and work on one of my blankets i'm crocheting. Excitement!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    MMMM spinach artichoke dip. What time should I be by?

I want the Raiders to win, just because I have a strong contempt for Tampon Bay.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by KMateja
    for some reason, my vote won't tally, but i voted for commercials, who cares about football.
    I added your vote in.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I hate both teams - but I hate the Raiders more, only 'cause they seem to be the teamwear of choice for all the little psycopathetic gangbangers.

Due to CRTC regulations, Canadian broadcasters are allowed to substitute their own commercials for the U.S. network ones. Therefore, we don't even get to see the cool commercials.

I usually watch the SB, but I think I'll pass this year.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Let's go Raiders!

I hope Warren Sapp and his big fat mouth collapse in a heap of blubber and used twinkies on the field, suffering from clogged arteries due to too many butter burgers while in Green Bay.

I hope the SWAT team comes in and takes Keyshawn Johnson away like the little punk he is for something I'm sure he's done ...

That's it....

I like Gruden winning, but I'd bet on the Raiders. If you live in Oakland or Tampa board up your windows and park your car OFF the street. A riot is brewing.

     
    Registered
    Apr 2002
    You forgot Rob Johnson, We hate him. Yes, all of us.. . . . .

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Even though it is really late in the season I still have hope for the Chiefs to pull an upset.

I guess I'll cheer for the NFC team...but next year Vick's taking us all the way! Actually watching this game will be like watching the Green Bay-Atlanta game - I don't really want either team to lose.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by giovannitp
    I guess I'll cheer for the NFC team...but next year Vick's taking us all the way! Actually watching this game will be like watching the Green Bay-Atlanta game - I don't really want either team to lose.
    As a die-hard Saints fan, the only thing Vick can do for me is twist his ankle. :p

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by The Irish one
    I like Gruden winning, but I'd bet on the Raiders. If you live in Oakland or Tampa board up your windows and park your car OFF the street. A riot is brewing.
    REPOST:

It appears that the Raiders fan behaved (or misbehaved) true to form.

fortunately things didn't get to bad -if you don't own a business in parts of Oakland.

     
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    New member of the Matrix Team.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My parents asked me during the game why I was not rooting for the Raiders - as they are the AFC team. I told them that if it was a game between the Oakland Raiders and Washington William Jefferson Clintons - I'd gladly root for the Clintons.

The Raiders will always be the "dirty cheaters" team to me.

AMEN, El Guapo -Raider Hater for LIFE!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Post Superbowl XLVII discussion
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 04 Feb 2013, 7:49 PM
  2. Superbowl parties
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 07 Feb 2010, 7:44 AM
  3. What Re your SuperBowl Plans?