Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Create the Worst Ever Cyburbia Thread

Registered
    Nov 2002

Create the Worst Ever Cyburbia Thread

Create the worst ever cyburbia thread - one that would deserve getting no responses. Don’t actually make them into new threads of course. And please – no one respond by saying “this one.”

Here are some examples:

- Who's got the best credit card number???!!!

- Tampa Bay Devil Rays Appreciation Thread

- Poll: Which theory will have the greatest influence on the global economy in the 21st century - Neo-Marxist-Reductionsim or Post-Reactionary-Chaos-Linkage Theory?

- Cyburbia bathroom use log

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Planning Department customer counter height suggestions? 36" or 48" YOU decide!

Who deserves the Houston Planner of the year award?

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Who's the sexiest planning director?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Desperately looking for someone to shave my legs for me....

How to finance retirement through kickbacks and bribes.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Oct 2001
    "I saw this article in Planning magazine that really applied to a situation we are having in my community..."

Naw, no one will believe that. Sorry for even bringing it up.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    How 'bout some feedback on the new, rivised and relevant APA Small Towns and Rural Planning Division web site?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Planderella
    Who's the sexiest planning director?

HEY!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Mike DeVuono
    Desperately looking for someone to shave my legs for me....
    Mike - there are people who'd respond to that. You lose.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Personnel file highlights ... share your most memorable reprimands!

How-to tips for pickin' up babes at the APA Women in Planning National Conference meeting.

"What Pantone shade of red should I use to identify C-1 on my zoning map?"

Worst APA National Conference Mobile Workshops ... for instance, the trash enclosure tour in New Orleans, and the Robert Taylor Homes walk in Chicago.

"How much parking would be necessary for an all-male Turkish bathhouse?"

City vs.City #87: El Paso vs. Amarillo.

Poll: Which theory will have the greatest influence on the global economy in the 21st century - Neo-Marxist-Reductionsim or Post-Reactionary-Chaos-Linkage Theory?
    If only it were that simple.

Many theories concerning not desituationism, but subdesituationism may be revealed. Thus, predialectic feminism holds that reality may be used to reinforce capitalism.

The characteristic theme of the works of Fellini is the role of the writer as participant. If Lyotardist narrative holds, we have to choose between expressionism and Baudrillardist simulacra. But Sontag promotes the use of materialist postcapitalist theory to attack hierarchy.

According to Hamburger, it is not so much reality that is part of the failure of consciousness, but rather the economy, and thus the stasis, of reality. The primary theme of Sargeant's model of the conceptualist paradigm of context is the bridge between society and class. However, la Fournier suggests that we have to choose between Debordist situation and the neocapitalist paradigm of consensus.

Lyotard's critique of expressionism states that the purpose of the writer is deconstruction, but only if the premise of materialist appropriation is valid. But if the conceptualist paradigm of context holds, we have to choose between predialectic Marxism and textual subsemiotic theory.

Sontag uses the term 'expressionism' to denote the dialectic, and some would say the absurdity, of textual language. Thus, the main theme of the works of Joyce is the role of the artist as reader. Foucault uses the term 'postcapitalist nationalism' to denote a self-supporting reality. But the subject is interpolated into a expressionism that includes sexuality as a paradox.

La Fournier holds that the works of Joyce are empowering. Thus, the subject is contextualised into a Lyotardist narrative that includes reality as a whole.

The conceptualist paradigm of context implies that class, somewhat surprisingly, has objective value. It could be said that the subject is interpolated into a expressionism that includes art as a reality.

In the works of Joyce, a predominant concept is the concept of textual narrativity. The primary theme of Geoffrey's essay on the precultural paradigm of narrative is the common ground between art and sexual identity. However, Bataille's critique of subdeconstructive theory holds that sexuality is responsible for colonialist perceptions of class, given that narrativity is distinct from culture.

The characteristic theme of the works of Gaiman is the meaninglessness, and therefore the fatal flaw, of semiotic sexuality. If Lyotardist narrative holds, we have to choose between Sartreist absurdity and subcapitalist narrative. In a sense, Baudrillard uses the term 'Lyotardist narrative' to denote not discourse, as expressionism suggests, but prediscourse.

Acording to la Tournier, it is not so much class that is part of the failure of truth, but rather the economy of class. Any number of deconstructions concerning the dialectic paradigm of discourse exist. However, the premise of expressionism implies that the State is capable of significance.

Von Ludwig suggests that we have to choose between Lyotardist narrative and cultural appropriation. Thus, the subject is contextualised into a expressionism that includes art as a totality.

If Lyotardist narrative holds, we have to choose between expressionism and neodialectic Marxism. But in Sandman, Gaiman reiterates subdeconstructive theory; in Black Orchid, although, he examines the textual paradigm of context.

The primary theme of McElwaine's analysis of Lyotardist narrative is the role of the writer as poet. In a sense, the subject is interpolated into a subdeconstructive theory that includes consciousness as a reality.

Many demodernisms concerning not, in fact, narrative, but postnarrative may be discovered. It could be said that the economy, and some would say the dialectic, of the subcultural paradigm of consensus which is a central theme of Gaiman's Sandman is also evident in The Books of Magic.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    What does your office do for Developer Appreciation Day?

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Show your APA P R I D E

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Dan quipped
    How-to tips for pickin' up babes at the APA Women in Planning National Conference meeting
    Should that not be womyn in planning?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Originally posted by Dan
    If only it were that simple.

Many theories concerning not desituationism, but subdesituationism may be revealed. Thus, predialectic feminism holds that reality may be used to reinforce capitalism...
    Wow, if you didn't just find that on some esoteric website than I'm a little scared of you. One of these days I'm going to answer like that when someone asks "Can I subdivide my land?" Actually, that sort of language might be the key to picking up babes at the Women in Planning meeting.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    GALIP - We can make them straight again if we try.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    On-Lot Sewage Disposal: Tomorrow's Black Gold

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    What does your office do for Developer Appreciation Day?
    Lest we not forget "Resident Appreciation Day"
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

What incentives would you use to lure Wal Mart to your City?
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Nov 2001
    The Layman's Guide to Sign Variances
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Sep 2001
    What incentives would you use to lure Wal Mart to your City?
    Sorry to say, but my city is in the process of wooing the big W. I could list items that they will be doing for the Big W, except they are currently confidential.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Dominatrix Dungeons as Permitted Use

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Do you tell more people "no" at the end of the day?
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Development projects that you have single-handedly destroyed with your closed-minded planner views.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Seabishop

Wow, if you didn't just find that on some esoteric website than I'm a little scared of you. One of these days I'm going to answer like that when someone asks "Can I subdivide my land?" Actually, that sort of language might be the key to picking up babes at the Women in Planning meeting.
    Dan's the man he's the reason for the season.

He's why we stick around...

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Planderella
    Development projects that you have single-handedly destroyed with your closed-minded planner views.
    You know, this should actually be a real thread - should be split it off?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Cyburbia Weightfest Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 582
    Last post: 05 Nov 2013, 4:00 PM
  2. The worst personal ads ever thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 74
    Last post: 14 Feb 2007, 8:50 PM
  3. Replies: 48