Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Chinatown Phiiadelphia

     
    Registered
    Nov 2001

Chinatown Phiiadelphia

Hello, I am a Temple University student doing a project on northward expansion development of Chinatown above North Street. I was just hoping you organiztion could give any information on development trends by the Chinese community to move Northward. This info would be of great help.
    -Donnell T. Zeigler

Registered
    Oct 2001

Try PCDC

A quote from their webpage:

"The completion of Hing Wah Yuen marked the first organized expansion of Chinatown to the north of the Vine Street Expressway. Asian business and residential settlements have already been introduced to rezone approximately 44 acres of land currently underutilized. This rezoning will stimulate community reinvestment and allow a more rapid expansion of Chinatown to the north of Vine Street. PCDC will remain fully committed to the core area south of Vine Street while concentrating on our new development efforts in the North. The development of Philadelphia Chinatown is turning a new leaf."

I'd imagine these folks could help you a great deal in your studies, their webpage is http://www.chinatown-pcdc.com/

Good luck! By the way... Has Temple finished the renovations of the actually temple building? I used to work in the basement before I moved.

Registered
    Sep 2001

ChinaTown

There's an article today in the LA Times about the history of LA's Chinatown.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...039nov25.story

You should post other resources you find.

You should contact the City of Los Angeles Community Redevelopment Agency; Chinatown is within a redevelopment project area. You should also inquire about the "Cornfields" development which will establish a large urban park on what had been industial land.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The Chinatown Bus as model for entrepreneurship
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 30 Aug 2012, 10:44 AM
  2. Chicago's Chinatown
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Dec 2007, 1:01 PM
  3. Toronto Chinatown
    Cities and Places