Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Chinatown Philadelphia

     
    Registered
    Nov 2001

Chinatown Philadelphia

Hello, I am a Temple University student doing a project on northward expansion development of Chinatown above North Street. I was just hoping you organiztion could give any information on development trends by the Chinese community to move Northward. This info would be of great help.
    -Donnell T. Zeigler

hey im also a Temple student, im a urban studies major, i just got done my freshman year so i cant help u just yet. i glad to see a plan to make chinatown larger.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    i wish i had seen this 2 years ago. The Chinese community made some inroads north of Chinatown but the Vine St. Expressway, the old rail viaduct, and all the warehouses around Spring Garden St. made it too difficult.

If you want to see where the community is growing follow the old couples and kids to the 47 bus on 8th St. and watch where they get off. Mostly around Snyder Ave. is my guess.
    Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to being citizens.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The Chinatown Bus as model for entrepreneurship
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 30 Aug 2012, 9:44 AM
  2. Chicago's Chinatown
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 07 Dec 2007, 12:01 PM
  3. Toronto Chinatown
    Cities and Places