Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: DVD or VHS media needed on City / Regional Planning

DVD or VHS media needed on City / Regional Planning

I have been looking for quality, planning-related tapes or DVD's to rent or borrow and have had quite a time in locating anything worth while. The best collection I have found to date is at the University of Utah, but they are unwilling to send pieces of their collection from Utah to Tennessee on a regular basis - which I completely understand. The Nashville Public Library has nothing of use, and the local PBS station does not have much of a collection either - which was rather surprising since so many quality programs like Nova and some others have planning-related shows on occasion.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Preston, Metro Nashville Planning Commission

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Hmmm...I think the Planning Genre has been seriously ignored by the film industry.

I don't think we have anything here - I've taped a few programs on my own...but I usually end up taping over them eventually.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    You may want to check with the Nashville muckety mucks to find out if your muncipality belongs to any national or state municipal organizations. As an example, WA state has Municipal Research who has many documents, videos, etc. that they lend out like a library. A lot of states have such organizations. Most Provinces do too. Usually the city clerk or law departments will be in the know, as they have to do a lot of research for writing new ordinances, budget stuff, etc.

Thank you very much for the quick responses. I must say that from this point forward, I will bite my tongue before making any cracks on Canadians (haha) because of the fact that both of you responded so quickly and are trying to help remedy my situation! Thanks so much!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    This is the type of thing I was talking about: http://www.mtas.utk.edu/ . Hopefully someone there will be able to help you...

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Sounds like a request for your good friends at the APA.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I know that ICURR has a pretty good lending library for memebrs. Not sure if they would be willing to ship to the states, but it is worth a try.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 21 Jul 2010, 11:28 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 27 Apr 2009, 9:40 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 30 Aug 2008, 11:18 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last post: 15 Mar 1998, 11:44 PM