Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Dan's NEW Town Next Door (TM)

Registered
    Oct 2001

Dan's NEW Town Next Door (TM)

We are taking nominations for a very important designation: That of Dan Tasman's NEW Town Next Door. As you know Dan has offered us such planning and cultural gems as; "3" Nextel, Sign Sign everywhere a sign, and who can forget school bus racing from the ‘Town Next Door.” The "Town Next Door" serves an important function for Cyburbians. It lets us know our town sucks a little less than we thought when placed in comparison. (Excepting Toronto – We are all living in Toronto’s Town Next Door.) So please nominate a hamlet of your choice.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Note the Belle Chasse pictures in my photo gallery and that's My Town Next Door.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    The Town Next Door now is a very affluent edge city, so I can't quite call that a W****r G****n replacement.

In the KC area, though, folks seem to joke a lot about a suburban enclave with a huge huntin'-n'-fishin'-n'-Bible-thumpin'-n'-big-ol'-truck-with-a-big-'ol-shiny-bed-box-drivin', middle class construction/mechanical blue collar residential base on the Missouri side. The city's name even sounds 'necky. I've never been there, so I've yet to make a judgement call.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 3
    Last post: 19 Feb 2005, 8:14 PM
  2. It's Race Day in the Town Next Door.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 27 Sep 2003, 11:26 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 24 Oct 2002, 4:08 PM
  4. The town next door
    Cities and Places