Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Labron James

Originally posted by Tranplanner

That's the exploitation I'm talking about. Okay - all sports are basically "boy's" games - but I still have a problem throwing this kid out there. But yeah, I guess it's his life, and it's better to be playing a game than in a potential war.
    I agree that he is being exploited. Everyone wants a piece of this kid and nobody will ever tell him "no" including his mom, because they don't want to be cut off from the money train that he will soon have. Not one of these people is looking out for what is best for Labron, just what is best for them.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2002

Lebron

I live in Akron. Everyone I talk to say's he'd be a fool not to go pro and get it while he can. I just hope he can heep his head together. The world doesn't need another Mike Tyson.
    WALSTIB

Registered
    Dec 1998

Re: Lebron

Originally posted by Tom R
    I live in Akron. Everyone I talk to say's he'd be a fool not to go pro and get it while he can. I just hope he can heep his head together. The world doesn't need another Mike Tyson.
    I think Labron's GPA excludes him from being another Mike Tyson.

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Let kids try their luck at pro sports. Who among us didn't dream of that life. I am sure some of us were close, but fate intervenes...injuries, whatever...

The rest of the world should not treat athletes different, though. When they are on the wrong side of the law, the judges should show them that. Athletes are notorious few getting legal "breaks" that you or I would never see. And is Winona Rider any different. Even Stacy Keatch and Tim Allen spent time behind bars for cocaine. Remember Nate Newton and his 600 lbs. of pot travelling down the highway? Why do NFL players get 3, 4, even 5 chances with drugs.

If you have a charmed life, fine. But if you end up like MC Hammer, that's fine too. I just don't want to hear about it.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by prudence

If you have a charmed life, fine. But if you end up like MC Hammer, that's fine too. I just don't want to hear about it.
    You mean no "Surreal *get a* Life"? Damn..

The problem I have is if they are in goverment housing taxes help pay for that and nonone is going to get a kickback from his millions. Otherwise, let him do what he wants- free will and freedom of choice. I don't think anyone can really judge him and this decision, and who's to say he can't fall back on going to college?
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Jul 2002

Re: Re: Lebron

Originally posted by Planderella

I think Labron's GPA excludes him from being another Mike Tyson.
    I hope you're right. Lebron has another advantage, family. That is what concerns me about the Hummer his mother gave him. I hope he get the guidance he needs and is not just considered a money cow..
    WALSTIB

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. New James Bond
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 35
    Last post: 20 Nov 2008, 3:09 AM
  2. Rick James in my City
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 14 Apr 2005, 12:24 AM