Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: summer pre-architecture programs

summer pre-architecture programs

can anyone provide me with a list of schools that offer the summer immersion programs in architecture/urban design, similar to harvard's career discovery program?

has anyone ever attended one of these? what did you think?

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Ball State University. See www.bsu.edu/cap
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2001
    RPI in Troy, NY does...

Summer Studios
    Rensselaer offers ARCH-2210 Architectural Design 1 and ARCH-2220 Architectural Design 2 as six-week studios in the summer session open to accepted transfer and entering Master of Architecture students. Also offered is an eight-week upper level vertical studio for students enrolling in ARCH-2230 Architectural Design 3 through ARCH-4270 Architectural Design 7. Overseas studies including the Prague and Istanbul programs are offered on alternate years. A four week high school summer program (Summer Design Institute) offers high school students considering architecture or related design studies, the opportunity to participate in a course of study designed to expose them to the profession and practice of architecture. Three credits are earned on successful completion of the program. Details on summer offerings will be made available from the School of Architecture.

www.rpi.edu
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I attended Harvard's Career Discovery Program, and focused on urban design. It was my first introduction to design and the stdio experience and it was alot of fun and a great learning experience. Boston is a great place to be as well! The only drawback was the dorms.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    The program at Ball State is a great one. I attended it between junior and senior year in high school and really enjoyed it - for (mostly) all the right reasons. As a result, I went to BSU intending to be an architect and wound up as a planner.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 13 Apr 2013, 7:30 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Apr 2011, 8:03 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Feb 2008, 10:07 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 23 Nov 2005, 11:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last post: 19 Mar 1998, 1:34 PM