Thread: He's perfectly sane, #1

Registered
    Aug 2001

He's perfectly sane, #1

I can't imagine a court in the world that would convict this guy

Freak.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    what about the guy that thought his wifes head was a soccer ball?

strange
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Dec 1998
    YEAH RIGHT!!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Maybe cold medicine and wine will be the next twinkie defense.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    "twinkie defense"

?? whats that?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    In the late 1970s a City Supervisor of San Francisco killed the mayor and others on a little death spree. His defense lawyer said he was depressed and that twinkies and other junk food were signs of his depression. Somehow the media got into this (imagine that) and rumors started that he was hopped up on junk food and that the sugar from too many twinkies and coca colas caused his blood sugar to skyrocket causing temporary insanity. The press named it the twinkie defense. It's rather infamous in California. In reality, the defense lawyer was trying to show the patterns of depression to disspell the premeditation arguments but the twinkies took center stage in the media hoopla.

In the end his case was pleaded down to voluntary manslaughter or some such nonsense and he only served seven years I think.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Oh that is bizarre!!! I wonder why A&E has never done an episode of "American Justice" about that case?

Registered
    Oct 2001

New Yo

Not that I am saying this guy is innocent, but there was an interesting article in the New York Times Sunday Magazine on, I think, February 2, about some of the REALLY weird things people do when asleep. Some people really do act violently in their sleep-or what they think is their sleep state. Strange stuff.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Rumour has it I give planning presentations in my sleep, including answereing questions and arguing with people.

i have also been known to have night terrors, screaming and thrashing in bed for no good reason.

I have no recollection of either of thee items.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My b.f.'s mum has nightmares (or night terrors) where she screams at the top of her lungs to the point that it wakes up the neighbors. She is on medication that limits the amount of dream state she has in a given night. She skipped it one night she was here and she was screaming like you wouldn't believe. If I didn't have sleep to look forward to... man, my life would really suck. I love my sleep.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Mine don't wake me up, and now that I live alone who knows what goes on in my sleep.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    If the jury buys that cr@p I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I have available to sell them!
    Last edited by Runner; 10 Feb 2003 at 3:54 PM.
    Cheers,
    UrbanRunner
    :)

     
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Check out this article about sleep disorders in NY Times Magazine. You may need to register to read it, but it's free.

Strange but true...

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/02/02/magazine/02SLEEP.html

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Hi I'm Rumpy and I'm mentally sane.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 25 Aug 2004, 10:08 AM
  2. He's perfectly sane #2
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 12 Mar 2003, 1:08 PM