Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Name your fantasy Rock Band name.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Name your fantasy Rock Band name.

Poof! - You now have loads of musical talent and a promising music career. What is the name of your band and what genre do they express?

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Suburban Legend

As for genre... hmm... I'll get back to you on that.

Registered
    Aug 2001

My band in high school:

Suburban Serbians

(a.k.a subserbs)

'80's techno pop fused with industrial

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Hot G.R.I.T.S.

Think the Dixie Chicks meets Salt-n-Pepa.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    hehe

Rave/Techno-latex chicks

country-no more twang
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Stupid Lisa Garbageface (an obscure Simpsons refrence)

It would be a punk-indie band and we would rock!

When I was in High School, we had a couple of short lived punk bands. "The Vomiting Barracudas," "Becuz" and "Disturbed" (which is now taken by some lame new metal band.) Ok they weren't actually bands, but a group of friends in a basement attempting to cover punk songs with no musical talent whatsoever.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    How about the Trailer Park Twisters?

Just kidding...

I would really name it "flibbertigibbet", which is what my mom used to call me when I would talk too much as a kid. I've been in a band before, it was along the same musical lines as radiohead.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Regurgitated Hot Dogs

Registered
    Aug 2001

Breast Meat

If I had any talent, I would be in a punk band called Breast Meat. Our first album corver would be a spoof on a Banquet brand box of frozen chicken patties. Ate those things for lunch all the time while in college.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    The Seabishops - seriously, thats where the name comes from.

Its a long, nerdy story, but for a Lit. class in college I had to do research into pirate and sailors' myths for a paper - one of the things I found was the Seabishop which was this sea creature that looked like a human but with scales, a pointy head like a bishops hat, and a cape. My (future) Brother in Law and I thought it would be funny if a bunch of these guys formed an 80's metal band. We even wrote a theme song - "We're the Seabishops, we're coming to rock , yeah we're the Seabishops, yeah we'll never stop!"

Since then we have this imaginary rock band going with other honorary members. I really am a frustrated musician with no time for anything musical with 2 little ones.

This is what they look like.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I like EcoFem's Suburban Legend ... I think I'lll steal the name! Cul-De-Sac Jesus has potential.

However, for lack of a better name, I'll pick Patchouli.

Jam band, of course, but not as Phish-ish or Dead-ish ... maybe more of a Dave Matthews edge, with a female vocalist as a twist. Tons of damn takin'-a-year-off-of-college trust fund babies follow us around the country. Half of the time we're on stage, we're tuning up, but folks in the audience think that's part of the act. Over 250 concertgoers were arrested at the Burlington, Vermont concert for posession.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Dan
    I like EcoFem's Suburban Legend ... I think I'lll steal the name! Cul-De-Sac Jesus has potential.

However, for lack of a better name, I'll pick Patchouli.

Jam band, of course, but not as Phish-ish or Dead-ish ... maybe more of a Dave Matthews edge, with a female vocalist as a twist. Tons of damn takin'-a-year-off-of-college trust fund babies follow us around the country. Half of the time we're on stage, we're tuning up, but folks in the audience think that's part of the act. Over 250 concertgoers were arrested at the Burlington, Vermont concert for posession.
    I think you just described the Dandy Warhols.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    How about Poohsassins

Here's our first album cover:

Registered
    Mar 2002
    hey i love pooh!

Scott actualy calls me tigger
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    hey i love pooh!
    Spare us the details of THAT fetish please !

Registered
    Dec 1998
    What kind of music would the Poohsassins play? Sick and demented twists on children's music (some of which is already sick and demented).

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Planderella
    What kind of music would the Poohsassins play? Sick and demented twists on children's music (some of which is already sick and demented).
    Think Dead Milkmen with banjos.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    hey now i dont LOVE Pooh, i just love Pooh

hey how about the planners uniform, 80's music and we call ourselves "smarth growth" hehe

ok my jokes suck

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Nothing planning related, but a couple of friends and I thought a cool band name would be either Hopped up on Goofballs or Wacky on the Junk. We ended up using both as names for Intramural teams.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Originally posted by Planderella
    Raffi on acid.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Expanding on the planner theme, how about HI Zone (Heavy Industrial Zone).

The music of course would have to be blue grass.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    What kind of music would the Poohsassins play?

Or how about a goth version of Sharon Lois and Bram?

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I was just talking to my brother last night, and something about bitter and spiteful came up, and i thought that'd be a great band name.

Bitter and Spite - Hole (from 1996, not 2000) meets the Go Gos - I'd be lead singer.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Some good militant New Urbanist band names could be:

Robert Moses’ Body

Jimmy Can't Walk to School

the Bloody Pedestrians

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I can't think of any good ones today. Best I could come up with was "Modal Split".

I have no idea what they'd play.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Your band (and first album)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 39
    Last post: 19 Jul 2012, 6:08 PM
  2. Rock Band- The Video Game
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 22 Aug 2008, 9:42 PM