Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Graduate programs in planning abroad

Graduate programs in planning abroad

Hello! Hallo! Hola!
    I am looking into the planning program in Puerto Rico. The graduate program is accredited, but I am somewhat unsure of how a degree from Puerto Rico would be accepted in the US. The theory does touch on American and European planning methods, but a great focus nevertheless is placed on Puerto Rico.
    I have an undergrad degree in economics and spanish and am currently living in Germany and have an internship in transporation planning (I am American). I want to attend graduate school abroad, and thought that Puerto Rico´s unique connection to the US, Latin America and Spain would be compelling, but am wondering if a program in the US would be more practical.
    I would appreciate any help that could be offered! If there are any other international programs that could be recommended please let me know!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Well, unfortunately I know nothing about the subject you're asking about (that's pretty common with me), but welcome to Cyburbia in any event, and I hope someone here can help you.

Thanks for the reply. Are you working as a planner in Canada or the US?
    Because I do not plan on attending grad school until fall of 2004, I am currently soliciting internships abroad. I have found one especially interesting with the European Union in the Directorate of Regional Policy.
    Getting such exposure would be great, but I am wondering what sort of career directions it could take me. I would really like to seek out a career in economic development or planning on an international level, but have no idea about the actual possibilities.
    Do you work in transporation planning?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Yes, I'm Canadian. And yes, I'm a transportation planner.

Sounds like you have an interesting opportunity on your hands!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Gitana - I've moved your response to the TP&A forum and started a new thread there.

Tranplanner

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Where I went to college, the women's studies program and the office of foreign studies were housed in the same building. It was the place to go if you wanted to study abroad, or to study a broad.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Michael Stumpf
    Where I went to college...
    So how is the good 'ol University of Lawsonomy?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I wonder what you do with a degree in Lawsonomy? Sell insurance?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 06 Sep 2009, 10:08 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last post: 25 Apr 2004, 9:13 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 17 Feb 2003, 1:44 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 14 Feb 2003, 9:30 AM
  5. Graduate planning programs
    Student Commons