Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Confession time....

Registered
    Feb 2002

Confession time....

1) I really don't want to be at work right now. I want to go home and sleep and spend time with Chad (wink wink).

2) I don't really want to hear the sob story your giving me about why your house is trashed and you need grant money to fix it up. I understand your home needs some minor repairs, but it doesn't take money to keep your crap picked up off your lawn.

3) I have a nextel, work issued, and don't mind it. It's better than the stinkin' radios we were supposed to carry before the nextels. What can I say...we are behind the times. But having some way to communicate with other employees is great and I was able to cancel my personal cell phone and use just this one.

4) My dream house - a huge ass house sitting on 50 acres in the middle of nowhere, with a big garage to park my Envoy.

Given some more time, I could think of some more, but this is a start.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Confession time:
    1. If I won the mega millions tomorrow night, its safe to say I won't be in to work on Monday.

2. I hate this f***ing cold, and I would also flee the northeast in a heart beat if I could get my entire family to go with me.

3. I feel like I should be eating more organic food, but christ, it is way too expensive.

4. Professional obligation, Schmofessional Schmobligation. Vice President for Programming and organizing our upstate chapter conference totally blows.

I'm sure I can also think of a few others, given time.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    1) I drive a gas guzzling SUV, and despite living a block from a co-worker and 15 minutes from the office, I refuse to car pool.

2) I despise public transportation in its local form. Empty buses circling the City and belching out diesle fumes are a waste of tax payers money IMHO.

3) I have more guns than I need, but fewer guns than I want.

Don't get me started Christine, you won't like the end result!

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    1. I really don't want to be here again tonight. It seems like night meetings are taking over my life, and that I don't get to spend enough time with my wife and daughter.

2. I'm worried about my wife after our near miss on pregnancy, and that she'll become depressed and that it will affect her health.

3. I have a deep down fear that my wife is not happy living in NH and would leave me if an opportunity arose to move back to Maine (with or without me...and yes, I know this one is slightly irrational).

4. I think that my planning board (certain members) is getting way to condecending and disrespectful to the public and the staff.

5. More later....after I get out of my meeting......I'm catholic, so I've got plenty to confess.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I'm playing hooky from work and seriously considering going out later to car-shop.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by KMateja

3. I feel like I should be eating more organic food, but christ, it is way too expensive.
    Ain't it the truth. I was going to get organic eggs last night, but they were $3.50 as opposed to $1.00....

And everything in Freshfields is so pricey....

My confessions:

I hate the suburbs, the people in the suburbs, and everything about the suburbs (I've felt this way long before even knowing what planning is).

My truck gets 15 mpg

I think the duct tape and plastic thing is dumb. I I'm gonna get hit with something I'm going out shootin'

YEE HAW!!

I have a serious crush on a married women at work, I feel like I need to tell her. She knows I like her , I just feel like a creep for having romantic feelings develop with a woman who is spoken for.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    1) I want to be a stay at home mom - whether to the dog and the cat or to a baby. I am tired of spending the weekends cleaning the house and grocery shopping. I want to have time to do stuff for me.

2) I want my husband to get transfered to a job somewhere else just so we can be somewhere else for a while. Connected with this I want to find the perfect renters so we wouldn't have to sell the house and put all of our stuff in storage.

3) I would settle for a fulltime permanent job with flextime which would give me at least one Friday off a month and more than 2 weeks vacation.

4) I want a Suburu Outback, I know its more than we need but...

Why wasn't I born with a Trust Fund????

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by Mike DeVuono
    I think the duct tape and plastic thing is dumb. I I'm gonna get hit with something I'm going out shootin'

YEE HAW!!
    I'd ride that nuke to downtown Bagdad per Major Kong! Fetch my spurs woman, I'm flying with SAC today.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by The Irish one
    I have a serious crush on a married women at work, I feel like I need to tell her. She knows I like her , I just feel like a creep for having romantic feelings develop with a woman who is spoken for.
    Speaking for husbands everywhere: Go find yourself a nice single gal.

I'm looking

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Mike DeVuono

Ain't it the truth. I was going to get organic eggs last night, but they were $3.50 as opposed to $1.00....

And everything in Freshfields is so pricey....

SO what! How many meals can you get out of that dozen CGO eggs? Aint that worth the price? I pay gladly for the CGO eggs, they are sooooo much better. I can eat egg sandwiches again, fried with tabasco on pita mmmm! I also spend a fiver on organic butter, though I would buy the organic milk but I dont like the paper cartons it comes in. I also get the organic bananas when I can, the thing is at my store they cant keep it stocked!

my confession... I use way too many paper towels.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    These won't suprise anyone I know, and a few people here

1) I hate where I live, the city is a hole (both design wise and quality of people wise) that should stop being a group of hind teat suckling piglets at the gov't trough....

2) That being said the area is geographically interesting and somewhat beautiful, if you like the outdoors.

1. It drives me nuts that we have invested about $10,000 in ESRI GIS software but won't spend 500 bucks to upgrade my computer to run it.

2. My hard drive on my work computer is filled with illegal mp3s

That is all for now....I need to get out on some site visits.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2001
    1. I refuse to carpool because I hate to have to turn down my radio in the morning or not be able to stop for coffee if I want to.
    2. I really hope James doesn't get me a diamond ring. Yes, I'd like a ring, but I think diamonds look awful on me- too flashy.
    3. I flicked another driver off this morning- but he was a complete @$$, so I don't feel too bad.
    4. I have a habit of buying more granola and protein powder than I can eat in two weeks, and I usually overspend/under appreciate the organic products at Sprouts.
    5. My co-worker is a complete idiot and I hope he trips and scuffs his new shoes.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by jmf
    1) I want to be a stay at home mom - whether to the dog and the cat or to a baby. I am tired of spending the weekends cleaning the house and grocery shopping. I want to have time to do stuff for me.
    Why wasn't I born with a Trust Fund????
    Sing it sister.

5. Sometimes I secretly wish we'd have triplets, just so I could be a SAHM, because it would be more cost effective than putting them in day care.

1. I think you deserve what you got - you bought that house in a brand new subdivision off of the worst road in town, and now you complain about the traffic. Did you go out to look at the place at midnight? That's the only time of the day you wouldn't have noticed the bumper-to-bumper traffic. For the same amount of money, you could have bought a charming 20s bungalow in a real neighborhood, and you'd be downtown in 15 minutes. But you needed a new house. I have no sympathy for you.

2. It's really not a big deal if the Italian restaurant down the street from you wants to serve beer and wine with dinner. In an ideal world, they wouldn't need any kind of exception. Your opposition is based solely on your bizarre religious beliefs and desire to control other people's lives, and not on "property values" or "the children."

I feel much better now. I didn't realize I had that much anger built up from talking to folks in this town.

When do we get "Secret Planner Taxicab Confessions?" Or maybe we should film them in the back of a bus.

2. I hate that an angry mob of neighbors killed a proposal for an upscape Thai restaurant because they thought it would create traffic and parking parking problems, despite the fact that there is already a restaurant there. Now they are in a different city in a strip mall in the middle of nowhere. The thing that gets me is that we did a citywide vision a few years back and people indicated they wanted more upscale resturants.

2. I hate dealing with CBRFs and I hate the way the federal government and the state basically allow them to ignore zoning restrictions.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I'm nearing completion of a hellacious land use study which must be presented to the public before I can close it out. Public meetings were held at the beginning of the study in which there was very little participation. Now, I have a choice of presenting this study at the council meeting which will guarantee some degree of participation or have a separate public meeting inviting residents to comment on the study. I'm leaning towards the public meeting because it is highly likely that no one will show up.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    1) Although I like Alberta in some ways, if I ever break up with b.f. and my job starts becoming less rewarding, I'd be scouting jobs back in Oregon/Washington in a heartbeat.

2) Depression over the past year has lead to serious weight gain. I joined a gym yesterday to reverse this, but in some ways it's just making me more depressed because now I'm thinking about it all the time.

3) If I could afford an SUV, I would probably buy one. An xterra to be precise.

4) Last night, I found out that my b.f. has never voted in his life. It made me sick to think of someone I love as being so apathetic, and I guess it showed on my face because he got pretty huffy about it. Illogically, I was more upset about this than when I found out that he had cheated on his wife before they divorced.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I also have an undying urge to move my family to some far away gentrified neighborhood (perhaps oversees – maybe Barcelona) although it would be terrible for us in reality.

I don’t really look like a cross between the Rock and Brad Pitt as I said before (more like Dustin Diamond meets Steve from Blues Clues).

I also have constant “negative thoughts” about the community I work for.

After 3 years I still feel like an intern at this job – a professional idealist with no real skills who no one listens to.

I still have teenage fantasies about ditching planning for music.

I’m terrible with money – I only have a vague idea of what banks do and I always pay bills late.

I have watched several episodes of Berman and Berman with my wife.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I'm not as happy as I thought I would be at this job.

I really don't feel that my input is valued at work.

I sometimes feel that my skills aren't good enough to do the work expected of me, and I feel really dumb sometimes.

I really hate inconsidereate people, and those who do not think about the consequences of their actions.

I like the show "Trading Spaces", and think Genevieve is really hot.

young love angry chicken scary cat

I watch these commercials a lot before I work out. I guess the part I'm most ashamed of is that ils sont en francaise except one that is American. I would really like to be able to jump like these people.

Beale street flippers are amazing as well as the guy in scary cat.

http://www.nike.com/nikepresto/lepar...ve/index.jhtml

Originally posted by Tranplanner
    I like the show "Trading Spaces", and think Genevieve is really hot.
    Genevieve is awesome...and she seems really cool.

- Homer Simpson

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Confession time, Part II
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 463
    Last post: 03 Nov 2014, 10:24 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 22 Jul 2008, 7:20 PM
  3. Confession Time, Part III
    Friday Afternoon Club