Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Valentine's Day

Registered
    Apr 2002

Valentine's Day

Everyone ready for the big day tomorrow?

For Valentine's Day #16 for us, Mrs. Runner will be getting a nice big card, necklace, and lunch at a fine Italian restaurant. Later, I imagine we will be sharing a bottle of wine in front of the fireplace.
    Cheers,
    UrbanRunner
    :)

Registered
    Dec 1998
    This will be the first time that I've ever had a sweetheart for Valentine's Day. I've always been single at this time of the year. I jumped the gun and gave him his present last night (a leather jacket). My belief is one shouldn't have to wait until some commercially-recognized holiday to express their love for one another. :k :f
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Nov 2002

Re: Valentine's Day

Originally posted by Runner
    Everyone ready for the big day tomorrow?
    Oh, @#$!. I've got work to do tonight!

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I won't be buying the overpriced f'ng roses, that's for sure, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by Planderella
    This will be the first time that I've ever had a sweetheart for Valentine's Day. I've always been single at this time of the year. I jumped the gun and gave him his present last night (a leather jacket). My belief is one shouldn't have to wait until some commercially-recognized holiday to express their love for one another. :k :f
    We usually don't make a big deal out of it because I feel the same way. But yesterday I got a huge arrangement of star gazer lilies, taken out to dinner, and then told we're going to San Diego for the weekend.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Oct 2001

I believe...

I have the most bizarre Valentine's Day gift. Anyone want to challenge?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    I'd post my plans....but of course, since my beautiful wife reads the forums, I'll refrain until the day has passed.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 1998

Re: I believe...

Originally posted by Mastiff
    I have the most bizarre Valentine's Day gift. Anyone want to challenge?
    I think we have to know what it is first before we can challenge you.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2001

Re: Re: I believe...

Originally posted by Planderella

I think we have to know what it is first before we can challenge you.
    Not really, I was thinking someone might say, "No, *I* have the most bizarre!" Then we would compare...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Originally posted by giff57
    I won't be buying the overpriced f'ng roses, that's for sure, but I'll worry about that tomorrow.
    I find that if you purchase roses at a supermarket, they are much cheaper than a florist. My girlfriend makes me promise not to buy overpriced florist roses.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Originally posted by jtfortin

I find that if you purchase roses at a supermarket, they are much cheaper than a florist. My girlfriend makes me promise not to buy overpriced florist roses.
    That's true, but they always look like they're from the supermarket. 'Spose you could re-wrap them in nicer paper. Or maybe your supermarket does a good job.

As for me, it's Valentines Day here already, and I have a date tonight! Only met this guy last week but I think we're not going out because it's Valentines Day, the date is just a coincidence.

I wasn't going to get him anything as I don't think he will get me anything, we don't know each other well enough yet! But my friend suggested I get a card and have it on hand just in case he does give me something.

How am I supposed to sign it when I don't want to make too much of it being Valentines day (might scare him off). Yours sincerely?? Kind regards?? Only joking but don't know what I will write.

Wish me luck finding a card that's appropriate!!!!!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    im getting Scott a CD he wants and tix to the DC wine festival (not cheap at all i was floored!)

i have no idea what he has in store for me-i asked him last night and he said "oh i donno something nice, a carriage shaped like a pumpkin, glass slippers, etc"

what the HECK does THAT mean?

befuddled
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Feb 1998
    PlannerGirl, It means to not be out after midnight.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    lol well thats not a problem! Im getting old i start hearing my pillow call me about 11pm

course its all in if my pillow calls him too
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I got La Colombe coffee!! WOO HOO!!

Good Stuff!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Story about roses,

I used to work for a greenhouse, where we sold wholesale at the Food Terminal in Toronto. This terminal is where teh majority of agricultural and horticultural products are sold and inspected.

As most roses at this time of year, they need to be inspected and cleared by custom's agents / inspectors. I was told by one of the vendors that they order in extra roses for Valentine's Day because so many inspectors need samples for examination that they would run out if they did not. That is one of the reasons that they are so much more expensive this time of year.

As for my plans, watch TV and try to avoid shows about valentines day.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Valentine's is actually the anniversary of rob and my first date. We were grad students, and neither of us were seeing anyone, so I said hey, want to go grab a movie? and he said "sure", and before the movie we were just friends, but after the movie, there were sparks in the air.

This morning I gave rob his present - morning action. He got the paper and took care of the dogs this morning so i could read more of the paper and drink my coffee. It was a good valentines exchange.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    awwww

im told to be read at 8 for dinner reservations in the city at 10

whats gonna take 2 hours? hehe he better not think im gonna get all messed up after spending hours getting dressed and done up (this is rare for me)

hehe maybe we will get snowed in tomorrow

Registered
    Feb 2002
    We're redoing our bathroom.

Whoah hoah!! Actually, we went to Lansing last weekend for a concert, dinner and shopping, so that was our Valentines. My mom, dad, and grandma are going to be here this weekend to help. Chad has one of his few 4 day weekends, so the timing fit, what can I say?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    My wife and I agreed that we aren't going to get anything for each other this Valentine's Day - money's a bit tight, and we're saving up for a few things.

My wife has a mid-term exam tonight, so I think I will be picking her up after she's done, getting some take-out and some movies, and then doing some serious cuddling.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by KMateja
    This morning I gave rob his present - morning action.
    It's the little things that make Valentines Day special, right Kel?

I gave Erica and Kylie their presents last night...Kylie got $5 in gift certificates to Happy Donalds, and I got Erica a really soft purple blanket (which I gave her on Monday when she was sick) and a bottle/lotion combo of T Girl perfume.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Paul and a friend have been scheming all week. They are making dinner tonight for the wives and then we are going out to see a play put on by the local theatre group.

Paul already has the table set for dinner, wine glasses and everything. I heard rumours of chocolate cheesecake. MMmmmm

We sort of got engaged on Valentine's Day. We decided to get married in the fall and tried to plan a surprise Christmas wedding/housewarming party but that didn't work so then we decided to get married when his sister was home in May. Paul always complained that he never got the chance to propose since we kind of just decided (we had been together 8 years) so on Valentine's he painted "Will you marry me" on the wall in the stairwell which we were painting at the time. It's still there under the primer and topcoats. He always said we had to have a atory to tell people when they asked how he proposed.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Originally posted by JNL
    As for me, it's Valentines Day here already, and I have a date tonight! Only met this guy last week but I think we're not going out because it's Valentines Day, the date is just a coincidence.
    I try not to schedule first or second dates on Valentine's Day. It's just too awkward ... too many expectations.

I had dates last night (went great!), and there's a woman that I've already had two dates with; I'm seeing her again on Monday. Tomorrow I have another first date with someone. Tonight, I'm going to shampoo my carpet.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by Dan

I had dates last night (went great!), and there's a woman that I've already had two dates with; I'm seeing her again on Monday. Tomorrow I have another first date with someone. Tonight, I'm going to shampoo my carpet.
    Dan! You're the LADIES MAN!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    wow Dan is THE man!

way to go big guy

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The Valentine's Day Dilemma
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 40
    Last post: 15 Feb 2013, 9:51 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 05 Feb 2010, 6:04 PM
  3. Valentine's Day - 2008
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45