Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Treasures

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Originally posted by Mud Princess

Well, I suppose I could justify spending $300 on postcards if my husband is shelling out hundreds of $$$ on e-bay for some esoteric foreign car parts... being shipped from overseas to boot...
    Mine buys kayaks, so far we have a single, a double and a whitewater. Plus all the gear that goes with them!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Keychain versions of toys. I bought the mini tinker toys and couldn't stop myself. Now I have Mr and Mrs Potato head, Monopoly, Operation, etc. Some of the pieces in Mouse Trap are so small they have to be assembled with tweezers. They're all hanging from the bulletin board in my office. For some reason, the lawyers find them irresistable.
    The lawyers not only love them, but so do the planners. One of the best ones is the See and Say Transportation type things (I think that is what it is). You know one of those toys where you pull the lever or string and the arrow goes round and round and then lands on the picture and makes a sound. The transportation one makes all the sounds of the vehicles. Very cool.

Zoning Goddess you must find the Magic 8 Ball so the office can do scientific planning.

I collect Disney Videos and DVDs, as well as dust bunnies which can be seen throughout the house. My husband, who is a photographer, collects old cameras, which helps me collect dust bunnies.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Trail we need to see if our dust bunnies can cross breed-or if my beagle will eat your bunnies-he gets a craving for mine once in a while

hehe
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    Trail we need to see if our dust bunnies can cross breed-or if my beagle will eat your bunnies-he gets a craving for mine once in a while

hehe
    Did anyone catch the article last week on an endangered rabbit out west? Supposedly, there are only about thirty of these pygmy rabbits left, and scientists are questioning if a captive breeding program can save them. Am I missing something? These are rabbits!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl

hehe
    My only fear is that if we create a new strand of dust bunnies, they may become resistent to being cleaned. But just think how cute they would be!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    My only fear is that if we create a new strand of dust bunnies, they may become resistent to being cleaned. But just think how cute they would be!

I already have that breed in my house, I expect one day to wake up with them trying to smother me.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Cryptic notes and old treasures
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 29 Apr 2013, 10:26 AM
  2. Replies: 42
    Last post: 22 Feb 2012, 3:44 PM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last post: 16 Apr 2009, 1:58 AM
  4. Souvenirs treasures or trash