Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Effictive Zoning Techniques Seminar

Effictive Zoning Techniques Seminar

My employer has signed me up for the 33rd Annual "Effictive Zoning Administration Techniques" 3-day course in Madison, WI. I was wondering if anybody on here has attended one of these or if anyone is going? If you have attended, did you find it useful? Looking at the schedule, it seems like most of it will be pretty useful, with some "yeah, I already know that" topics.

Looks like they have one in Orlando, FL and Albuquerque, NM too.

Course description here
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We sent Prudence to one like that - maybe even same series - earlier this year, and it was great. The materials are really good too. Hope yours is as good.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    It doesn't sound bad, although they should have been sending you to Florida or New Mexico to take it. The price is not too bad, either.

I agree that the other loactions sound nice, but Madison in springtime is pretty great. Hoping to get some biking in if the weather cooperates.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Feb 1998
    I attended once, and presented the next year. Highly recommended. Very pragmatic.

Registered
    Jul 2002

New Mexico

In 2001, I went to the same seminar in New Mexico. I had a great time....great location, great seminar, great people and beautiful weather. Talk you boss into New Mexico in June.

Mod Note (Tranplanner) post merged with correct (?) thread

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: New Mexico

Originally posted by flip58
    In 2001, I went to the same seminar in New Mexico. I had a great time....great location, great seminar, great people and beautiful weather. Talk you boss into New Mexico in June.

Mod Note (Tranplanner) post merged with correct (?) thread
    A great location, unlike Jackson, Wyoming? What is it, some kind of hole? Have you done an intro yet? Tell us about yourself and your location. (and welcome on board)

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 08 Sep 2009, 1:05 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last post: 25 May 2005, 4:59 PM
  3. Site planning techniques
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 20 Sep 2002, 2:06 PM
  4. Two recognised zoning techniques?
    Land Use and Zoning