Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Research Help

Research Help

I'm a grad student at NMSU with interests in urban planning/historic preservation, and I need to find a source for scholarly articles on historic preservation, especially those that use statistical analysis. So far, all I find are news stories and articles without stats. Does anyone out there know of sources of historic preservation statistics?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    What kind of statistics are you looking for? Maybe narrowing it down a little will help others give you the type of information you need.

If you are looking at funding statistics and various programs... you may try the news archive at the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

If you are interested in Historic Preservation's impact on Economic Development, you may try this

The NCPTT also has some information... but I've had a hard time navigating through this site.

I need an article in some sort of high-class journal that uses inferential statistics to prove some point. The case study in GA was interesting, but short on raw data that the review calls for. I am having trouble finding ANY journal of the caliber needed, that pertains to HP. I guess I could use one in planning, but I'm having a hard time finding one of those, too.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    You are right. Although I have a stack of articles and books on historic preservation, none contain any statistical analysis. I did a quick search on "historic preservation" and "regression" and came up with this link, a paper which reviews some literature on the topic:

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/njht/download/chap8.pdf

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Off-topic:
    Tell Dr. Czerniak I said "hi!"
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Dr. C is now the "Interim Assistant Dean" in the College of Arts and Sciences! I'd be happy to say Hi for you, but who shall I say is calling?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Doing some research on NY
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 23 Dec 2011, 6:25 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 22 Sep 2010, 7:17 PM
  3. Need help with research
    Student Commons
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 26 Apr 2007, 10:28 AM