Urban planning community

Poll results: Your favorite day of the week?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

5 19.23%
  • Tuesday

1 3.85%
  • Wednesday

2 7.69%
  • Thursday

7 26.92%
  • Friday

11 42.31%
+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Day of the Week

Registered
    Oct 2000

Favorite Day of the Week

I was talking to my mom yesterday and we were talking about our favorite days of the week, and mine is Thursday - for some reason, i'm always soooo happy once thursday gets here. its like "Yay! the weekend starts tomorrow!" and even though fridays are nice, i'm just so much more partial to thursday.

Edit: I'm not adding Saturday or Sunday, since those are givens.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Thursday is always my fave as well. I always leave Fridays for easier stuff to wrap up the week when I'm at work (filing, new application processing, scheduling for next week, etc.)... and I have every other Friday off. So Thursday is the last day of brain-taxing, stress-building work for me on most occasions.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Definitely Thursday. Seems like happy hour is always most fun on Thursdays.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Hmmm...it's tough to decide if Saturday and Sunday aren't there.

Tuesday is hockey day for me, so I guess that would be my favourite day of the week.

All I know is, I don't like Mondays! I wanna Shoot-OooOooOooOooOoot the...whole...day...down.

I do enjoy Thursdays, but Fridays are the best. I love the feeling of knowing that I don't have to work the next day. Plus everyone is in a much better mood.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Fridays.

I get more work done for some reason, I meet the mrs. and kiddies for lunch, and I know I won't be working for The Man in a few hours.

And, last but not least, I get to wear JEANS!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I am somewhat partial to Mondays. My weekends are either really boring and you can't wait to get to work to have something to do OR so insane and packed full of stuff that going to work is relaxing.

Plus, mondays are never the deadline for anything in our office so I can pretty much work away at things at my own pace.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Tranplanner
    I don't like Mondays! I wanna Shoot-OooOooOooOooOoot the...whole...day...down.
    OT: Oh man... that's a sticky song from hell! Thanks a lot!!!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Fridays are usually the best for me since there isn't the option for Saturday or Sunday. Fridays mean that you can dress down and wear jeans and be comfy while you work. Plus, that is the day when all the new movies come out to kick off the weekend!

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Hmm......I'm partial to Mondays because I play in a tennis league on Monday nights and I look forward to it.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Thursdays are definitely my favorite day of the work-week too. I'm looking forward to the weekend, and CSI on TV.

The main reason I wouldn't pick Friday is because I'm always scrambling to get something finished so I don't forget where I left off on Monday.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    I'd have to say Monday, just because it's the day with less classes that I have this semester....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Monday is obviously out, although I am perhaps a bit turned off by the fact that I spent 2.5 hours at the dentist's office today and the novacain is wearing off.

Tuesday is both staff meetings and council meetings.

Wednesday just plain sucks.

Thursday begins the downhill run. It is the last day I usually have meetings scheduled. I am often out of the office a good deal of the next day (work related or other reasons). If the weather is really nice, I'll leave work early.

Friday is often the start of the weekend, and can be lumped in with Saturday and Sunday.

BANNED
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    My favorite day of the week is Wednesday. I am an assistant coach for a 6th grade dance team and that is the night they practice. It is a lot of fun, and that is also the night I watch Dawson's Creek!!

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by Mary Poppins
    My favorite day of the week is Wednesday. I am an assistant coach for a 6th grade dance team and that is the night they practice. It is a lot of fun, and that is also the night I watch Dawson's Creek!!
    It's also the night I'm at Planning Board meetings and she gets the night to herself!
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Oct 2001

Friday

Friday is my shortest workday-and I get every other Friday off. Plus, I actually like working counter some days.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    im going to be the oddball and say monday-i get to be reminded i have a job thus a paycheck in lean times.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by PlannerGirl
    im going to be the oddball and say monday-i get to be reminded i have a job thus a paycheck in lean times.
    Wouldn't Friday (when you get the paycheck) be a better reminder?

Registered
    Jul 2002
    My favourite day of the week is... pay day! So Wednesday.

Tuesdays are good too because that's when Sex and the City is on TV, which I watch with friends and chocolate

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Definitely Thursday.

Monday is...Monday, Tuesday is ZBA night, Wednesday is recovering from ZBA the night before, Thursday is usually the most productive and relaxed day of the week (typically ending at a happy hour/promotional thingie somewhere), and Friday I'm scrambling to get organized so that Monday is less unbearable.

Ditto on the CSI comment for Thursday as well.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Originally posted by JNL
    My favourite day of the week is... pay day! So Wednesday.

My pay day is also Wednesday....makes hump day much easier to bear.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2000
    If you have direct deposit, it goes in wednesday night. its crazy that every thursday that is payday, the parking lot is packed. i would be highly interested in seeing sick time data comparing pay day to the other days of the pay period.

however, i pay bills ont he monday of pay week, so it is all gone by the time thursday ever gets here.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Wednesday, half off at Hooters, staff meeting in the am that takes up all of my morning, Pilates and Spinning class at the gym, paid the next day.

Doesn't get better than that, unles of course it's Saturday and I can sleep in and get happy hour prices that night.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Apr 2002
    T.G.I.F.
    Of course!
    Cheers,
    UrbanRunner
    :)

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I have to change my vote, I said Wednesday cos it's pay day, but when I think of the number of times I've sent emails to friends on Fridays with TGIF included somewhere, it's gotta be Friday. And now Friday is here, I feel so relieved!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 43
    Last post: 29 Dec 2006, 11:41 AM
  2. favorite mom
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 25
    Last post: 06 May 2004, 6:09 PM
  3. favorite toy
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 14