Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Pounding the Ministry of Planning

Registered
    Oct 2001

Pounding the Ministry of Planning

As I tuned into the war this weekend I kept hearing reporters talk about coalition forces pounding the Ministry of Planning building. Now I doubt it was the Ministry of Urban Planning but, as a planner, I could not help being a little intrigued. What weapons of mass destruction are coming out of the planning compound? I have seen some comp plans that would qualify.

Do APM and Muggie take special joy in seeing precision guided weapons pounding an entire building full of government planners? Is this a lesson for planners everywhere? Should the Planners of North Korea be on guard? After Korea, is San Francisco next?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    i saw that too Guap, i figured it was military planning and chalked it up to poor translation.

i knew a few developers that would have loved to see planning blasted to China and back!

hehe
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I think it's probably more an economic and infrastructure-type planning (like the old Soivet Ministry of Planning)...though to get hit it must have had some military significance.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I read that anti aircraftmissile launchers were on that roof of the ministry of planning, which probably has to do with social and economic planning, such as it would operate under SH

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Goal:

To pro-actively initiate comprehensive invasions of Kuwait, Suadi Arabia, and Israel, and limit the sprawl of Kurds and Shiites in ex-urban areas.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 21 Jan 2014, 5:15 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last post: 10 Jul 2007, 5:41 AM
  3. Replies: 14
    Last post: 16 Feb 2006, 12:54 PM