Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Outstanding examples of plan policies

Registered
    May 1997

Outstanding examples of plan policies

Ok, this is the last of these threads, at least for now. It should be obvious that I am doing something silly like trying to write a book. I also seek examples of well-written planning policies from rural counties and small towns, especially from counties. My definition of well-written is that the policies are a great deal more specific than the typical Mom and Apple Pie policies found in most rural plans, and that they are well-linked both to a basis in fact and public discussion, and to reasonably specific implementation policies. Do they exist? Your help in tracking them down will be appreciated! There is a publication budget for this book, so those who provide an example I use will actually be able to see it in print sometime next year

Registered
    Oct 2001

I know of a guy...

Contact a Mike Gurnee, A.I.C.P., P.D.Q., B.M.O.C., R.C.M.P., E.I.E.I.O. at mikeg@trails.net. He has done some nice work in Dodge City and Ford County, Kansas.
    el Guapo is a former 20 year +/- urban planner (just like you) who thought becoming an attorney was a good life choice.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2
    Last post: 19 Nov 2008, 9:19 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last post: 19 Jan 2007, 10:46 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last post: 28 Dec 2006, 10:32 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last post: 10 Apr 2002, 2:38 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last post: 27 Dec 2001, 5:19 PM