+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: APA Denver Conference get-together

Cyburbia Administrator
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

APA Denver Conference get-together

This thread is for the discussion of a possible Cyburbia get-together at the 2003 APA National Planning Conference in Denver, taking place between Saturday, 29 March and Wednesday, 2 April.

Consider the following:

The opening reception is on Sunday, 30 March. Can't miss that!

University alumni receptions are traditionally held on Monday; this falls on 31 March.

Many of us will either be packing or on the LoDo microbrewery crawl on Tuesday, 1 April.

Everybody leaves on Wedneday, if not Tuesday night.

My dogs and I will be staying at the Warwick, one of the official conference hotels. I'll have my car, but I'm not driving through the maze of one-way streets in downtown Denver with a healthy buzz.

I'm thinking the best night for a get-together is either Saturday, 29 March, or Monday, 31 March after all the student and alumni receptions. I'm leaning toards 9:00 PM, at the Falling Rock Tap House, at 1919 Blake Street in LoDo. It was my local when I lived in Denver, it's not loud, it's accessible using the free 16th Avenue shuttle, and there's the opportunity to crawl to another LoDo pub afterwards.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I'm going to be in Denver until Sunday April 6th; however, I'm open for whatever you guys decide on.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Saturday is my preferred - Monday is usually the schmoozy consulatants receptions too , as I recall.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    take pics i wanna see
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

we want pics especially when you're drunk. I want to see the insiders gang in action.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by The Irish one
    we want pics especially when you're drunk. I want to see the insiders gang in action.
    Just reference the "Where in the World is bturk #XX" threads, and the "Real Picture" thread for Planderella. No other incriminating pictures will be permitted.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Yes and you can see Planderella passed out under the influence of jet lag and Jose' Cuervo. :p

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Saturday is the day that works best for me as well. My boss registered me for the LoDo Microbrew tour, the Comedy Night, and the Cajun & Blues Evening...so Saturday is really the only "free" night we'll have.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2001
    While I won't be signing up for the conference, I think I can manage to fly in for the weekend. Saturday would work best for me.

Cyburbia Administrator
    Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Saturday, 8:00 PM, Falling Rock then?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I just got approval to go, so I'll see you there!

Registered
    Feb 2002
    What about Saturday, Monday, AND Tuesday? I'll probably be out either way

We are flying out on Friday afternoon and leaving Denver Wednesday morning, so we are pretty flexible. There's going to be a group of us though - hope that's not a problem. My sister and another of our friends is coming, Chad was convinced because of the cheap airfare and then my planner friend from WI is coming too.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Christine- sounds good, but Idon't want it to interfere with my other "slumming" around town!

I'm getting in at 4PM Friday and leaving late Wednesday.

Booked at the Adams Mark.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    ...and then my planner friend from WI is coming too.
    Anyone we and Prudence would know?

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Christine- sounds good, but I don't want it to interfere with my other "slumming" around town!
    Oh Oh...don't get into trouble Either way, we will be out and about, but trying to stay out of trouble, of course!

Anyone we and Prudence would know?
    She works for the City of Franklin - started about ten months ago and before that was in MI. Do you know anyone over there?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    She works for the City of Franklin - started about ten months ago and before that was in MI. Do you know anyone over there?
    YEP! It's the town right next door, matter of fact, although I havent met her yet. I know her former manager and her new manager. Its a horrible place to be a planner though!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Oh - and I spoke with her when she applied for a job with my department. She was on the short list until we had a hiring freeze, when she got snapped up before our freeze was lifted.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by bturk

YEP! It's the town right next door, matter of fact, although I havent met her yet. I know her former manager and her new manager. Its a horrible place to be a planner though!
    Here's proof of it

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Oh - and I spoke with her when she applied for a job with my department. She was on the short list until we had a hiring freeze, when she got snapped up before our freeze was lifted.
    Shut up....you spoke with Sarah? Wow, small flippen world. Where do you guys work?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Shut up....you spoke with Sarah? Wow, small flippen world. Where do you guys work?
    Spoke with her quite a bit over a 2 week period last year.

We're Muskego.

Registered
    Feb 2002
    OOOH!! I think I remember!! She had an interview somewhere, and she had said she talked to someone who she was going to apply with. I just emailed her to ask her who/where that was.

Creepy!!!

It sounds from that article that there is a bunch of crap going on there too. that sucks.

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by Dan
    Saturday, 8:00 PM, Falling Rock then?
    To follow the procedures established last year...

I move that the 2nd Annual Cyburbia Social be held at the Falling Rock at 8PM on Saturday March 29, 2003.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'll second that motion. Now get to work photoshopping us into the tavern pic!

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Second that...

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by bturk
    I'll second that motion. Now get to work photoshopping us into the tavern pic!
    Patience there hefty.....I'll be needing a confirmed guest list first, then go back to the real pic thread for inspiration first....patience....it will happen.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Apr 2010, 1:19 PM
  2. MLA at CU Denver?
    Student Commons
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 10 Oct 2007, 4:02 PM
  3. hello from denver
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 16