Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What can I say?

Registered
    Nov 2001
    We here in Wisconsin have tired with being upset by mediocre athletes posting better numbers at new venues...

Kareem Abdul Jabar
    Gary Sheffield
    Dante Bichette
    BJ Surhoff

There are so many more I cannot remember...at least we took Brett Favre from Atlanta and Ahman Green from Seattle...
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Aug 2001

Safety first sports fans

Just remember while enjoying your televidiot repasts to CHEW your pretzels and dont yell at the tube with your mouths full!

Ma Bushie

Registered
    Oct 2001

Ripping off Letterman

This is a change, in a past White House administration people choked ON the president.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Never happen to me

Jen - I always ensure that there are mass quantities of carbonated grain beverages at hand to avoid the pretzel thing...not gonna do it--won't be prudent.
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Philly fans? Noooooo...

We did NOT throw D batteries at J.D. Drew! They were car batteries...

That Santa Clause that got snowballed was drunk...

I, personally, don't want Lindros or any other athlete hurt. But, to watch him play timid after all these years of slamming around, was pleasant. Especially against the Flyers... Who won... Handily....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I was in California during the game. The folks there just didn't seem too interested in it. In Wisconsin the streets would have been deserted, as everyone watches the Pack. It is our state religion. Also, I couldn't find a bratwurst anywhere, much less kraut to go with it. Go Packers! Go Eagles!

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Weather Report for Foxboro Saturday Night: COLD, possibility of snow showers. Temps in the low to mid 20's.

Bring on the Raiders!

Updated Weather:

SNOW...starting at 4PM, ending around midnight. Upwards of 6 inches possible during the evening hours.

After seeing the games this weekend, including the controversial Pats win, I've come to a realization....

No one is going to beat the Rams.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2006 at 3:30 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Especially if you have 8 turnovers. INcluding 4 returned for TDs.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2006 at 3:29 PM.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Last one.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 07 Aug 2006 at 3:29 PM.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Oct 2001

Ripping off David Letterman and Jay Leno

Leno: Did you see the Super Bowl? Or, as the Patriots call it, "The Silence of the Rams!" .... This Super Bowl had one thing that most Super Bowls don't -- a fourth quarter. .... President Bush called the Patriots -- that's tradition for the president to congratulate the winning team. President Bush is such a classy guy, he even called the Rams and gave them advice on what to do after choking. ....

Letterman: I just came from backstage, and the Rams have tied it up again! .... Did you enjoy the exciting commercials? The government ran several anti-drug commercials. They ran right between the seventh and eighth Budweiser commercials. .... Today there was a big party in Boston. There hasn't been a winning team in Boston since the Continental Army.

Congrats to the Pats!

Registered
    Nov 2001
    What an incredible parade yesterday for the Patriots! 1.25 million fans out on the streets on the coldest day of the year. Boston at its best!!!

Next up for a happy season... could it be the Red Sox?!?!?

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Euphoria on display...

Registered
    Nov 2001

Salty

I am glad that the Pats won...proves that there is parity in the NFL and despite what analysts say there still is a need to play the game.

However, who was the Pats player who chanted "Yankees Suck" when he had the mic?? I am sure the entire audience celebrating was over the age of 18 and those who younger weren't offended by the comments.

Was the celebration held in Foxboro, or whatever city the Pats now play in?? Or did Boston claim the team as thiers now that they won??

Registered
    Nov 2001
    I don't know who the "Yankees suck" player was, but that is one obnoxious thing about Boston -- you hear the chant EVERYWHERE! You could probably start up in a church here and the entire congregation would join in!! I'm a huge Red Sox fan, but the chant should be reserved strictly for the games!! And the Yankees games only, not EVERY game at Fenway as happens now.

The parade was in Boston (Foxboro is the town where the stadium is, but not much else). The Pats are also doing victory parade/parties in all the other New England states, which is pretty good of them. So NHplanner might get to see them in his own state?

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2