• Jarod - the Classic Subway Dude

6 25.00%
  • Clay Henry (the fireman)

3 12.50%
  • Smarmy Guy - I can't remember his name now

2 8.33%
  • I hate both of them!

7 29.17%
  • What is this subway? Shouldn't this post be in the transportation area?

2 8.33%
  • I have an entirely different take on this!

4 16.67%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Jarod of Subway fame!

Registered
    Oct 2001

Jarod of Subway fame!

Yes, just a scant 10 minutes ago I yielded on Frederick Blvd. so Jarod of Subway could cross the street to begin the grand re-opening of a fine Subway store.

Before anyone lands on the franchisee for corporate sins, I'd like to point out the local owner just invested at least 100K in a rundown area on the edge of the downtown to fix this puppy up. It now looks so much nicer and we now have a nice place to eat nearby. The Subway was redecorated in a Tuscan style, where is sits on the edge of the former Grand Italiante section of town. While it won't bring the old neighborhood back by itself, it was tastefully done for a franchise and may spur some reinvestment in the area. I give kudos to the owner.

It is also slated to be the scene of upcoming Subway commercials and there are rumors that is could be a corporate style type used in the future on other stores. They promised to use Jarod and not the smarmy dude.

PS. He is a tall man, that Jarod of Subway.

PPS What if there were Jarod doubles like Saddam had?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I personally liked Henry, the fire guy. Much more likable than Jarod.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: Jarod of Subway fame!

Originally posted by El Guapo

PPS What if there were Jarod doubles like Saddam had?
    Oh god! Don't even think it! I've already had one nightmare with Jarod in it... which is still less than those I've had of the snuggle fabric softener bear.

I wonder if they would have a Jarod training camp... like the Krusty the Clown training on the Simpsons?

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    No Subway heroes. I can't stand their sandwiches. Give me D'Angelos (a northeastern sub/grinder chain) anyday.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I feel bad for Jarod, I wonder if his marriage is a sham and she only married him for the subway money- she probably wouldn't have dated him if he looked like the did in the before photos
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I actually admire Jarod. He's a guy who recognized he had a problem (weight), decided that it was up to him to do something about it, and found a way to do it. Kudos. As a quasi-celebrity-spokesperson, I find myself respecting him far more than Joe Millionaire or any of the other teletrash.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by Michael Stumpf
    I actually admire Jarod. He's a guy who recognized he had a problem (weight), decided that it was up to him to do something about it, and found a way to do it. Kudos. As a quasi-celebrity-spokesperson, I find myself respecting him far more than Joe Millionaire or any of the other teletrash.
    Well yeah, I mean the health factor is obviously good, I just hope he doesn't get his heart broken!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

I think that subway needs a new ad campaign. However that Jarrod/Clay stuff seems to be working. Jarrod seems like a nice enough guy - you shouldn't feel bad for him. Seems like this Subway diet changed his life for the better. Now if someone would just find a way to turn my addiction to Q-doba burritos into the next Subway diet.

For my money, it doesn't get much better than Jimmy Johns subs.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Subways are okay but I'd take a roast beef po-boy from Mother's ANY day of the week.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Jarod is the original. Subway wouldn't have this ad campaign if HE didn't come up with the diet. Clay may be a fireman, but he's riding on Jarod's success. (Shouldn't a fireman have known to lose weight before he saw a subway commercial?)

That smarmy guy is awful. They actualy thought it would be a good idea to have this a-hole make fun of teenage drive-thru workers.

We recently had a guy working here also named Jarod Fogle - he looked nothing like the celebrity.

NHP - D'anglo's is better - they don't microwave meat.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Originally posted by Seabishop
    NHP - D'anglo's is better - they don't microwave meat.
    EXACTLY!

If I'm going to get a grinder at a chain place, it'd better be cooked right there and not nuked.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Originally posted by Seabishop
    (Shouldn't a fireman have known to lose weight before he saw a subway commercial?)
    You obviously don't know any fireman! Physically fit firemen are very few and far between. About 75 die every year of heart attacks before the age of 50. 1 in Philly had a heart attack 2 weeks ago on the job, he was 39.

It actually is sad.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm not a big Subway fan... but there is one literally right across the street from my house. So convenience wins sometimes. The best sub IMHO is at Cricca's Deli on Topanga Cyn Blvd in Woodland Hills, CA (http://www.inkslinks.com/criccas.html). The Cricca's Special is to die for.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Anyone ever read the book Fast Food Nation - Eric Schlosser, great book. The Subway franchise has a lot of issues beyond those who represent them (though I have a passionate distaste for the "Jared". I am not sure that with the presence that Subway already has, there is need to campaign as hard as Subway does. If anything this bombardment of illconceived rpresentatives turns me against them even further if that is possible. Down with fast-food corporate giants!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I don't hate on Jarod, but I'm not a big Subway fan either. Too many good mom and pop pizza/sub shops here. We had subs for dinner last night, from my favorite place that uses Boar's Head meats. Yum!

Originally posted by KMateja
    Boar's Head meats. Yum!
    I am assuming this is a name brand and not a type of meat?

Mmmmmmm.....boar's head *Homer Simpson drool*
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Oct 2001

New Subway

The owner of the A&W here in town is building a Subway. Trust me... this town needs it.

So, that said, I don't care WHO plugs the sammiches, as long as the business thrives!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Halls of Fame
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 17 Oct 2013, 8:43 PM
  2. The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame