Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: It's bad enough I have to be at work today....

Registered
    Oct 2000

It's bad enough I have to be at work today....

But where is everyone? Off for good friday? People, I'm sick here. I need distracting from the horrible lurching of my stomach. Get posting!

I'm here at work today. My husband gets off at Noon, so I'm going to try to get out of here by 3 pm.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I'm leaving soon to go on some surprise day-care inspections.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I'm here, too.

Unfortunately, I'll be working a full day.

Looking forward to Sunday, as the Easter Bunny (tm) will be delivery our son's very first "big boy" bike - training wheels & all.

Haa I am at home watching Sports Center! I love Good Friday!
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I'm here. Work is really slow though. I am in the private consulting bus. and all my clients (municipalities) are off so the phone has not rang once, and I can't contact them for information.

SO, it looks like I'll be spending a lot of time on cyburbia, BUT there is no action here either. OH NO what do I do!!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Our company just gave us a half-day off, last-minute (i.e. 10 minutes ago)

Really nice... BUT I have a site inspection at 2 that I can't cancel.

Thanks for the advance notice big-wig!

I think I will institute my own 1/2 day next Friday.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    My mom, a school teacher, is shocked I have to work today. Granted, between doctor appointments and long lunches spent sleeping, its been a rather light work week, but ugh. Sometimes I miss being 11 and having to show up for school only 180 days a year.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I'm in the office today, too. Counting down the hours, minutes, seconds...

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I have several friends who are teachers and they are always talking about all the days they have off. The other day we were chatting and they were talking about all the trips they were planning this summer.

At times I wish I were a teacher then I rememeber all the headaches that go along with it when dealing with the kids.

Although I would not mind being 11 again. At that age you are to young to work and all you do is play outside. I guess I have to wait until I 65-70 when I am retired to do that again.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by JoshD

At times I wish I were a teacher then I rememeber all the headaches that go along with it when dealing with the kids.
    hee! Geneseo (where I did my undergrad) was a big teaching college, so a lot of my friends are teachers. I wanted to strangle them when after their 10 days off for Christmas, they were moaning for a snow day. And very occasionally I also wish I were a teacher, but then I too think about all the crap that is going on in the public school system right now - huge budget problems here in NY, crappy administration, inclusion, blah blah and I'm so happy to be a planner! Plus, when I feel the urge to throw up at work, I can run to the bathroom without having to get anyone to cover for me to make sure the room doesn't descend into chaos while I'm out.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Sorry to hear you all have to work, seems odd.

I'm at my parent's house. Getting ready to help do some outside cleanup..

I guess I am lucky I even get Monday off.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Half day. It's enjoyable, though. The phone rarely rings. A group of us will be stopping by a local gin mill for some libations after work.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    Jul 2002
    OH DONK

Of course you will logon on your day off and boast about having the day off and monday toboot.

All of us us poor souls envy you. Have fun in the yard cleaning up.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by prudence
    Half day. It's enjoyable, though. The phone rarely rings. A group of us will be stopping by a local gin mill for some libations after work.
    I decided at 3PM Thursday that the calendar was clear and I could burn 4 hours of vacationeasily enough... so I'm at home.

Prudence, see you at Matty's around 2PM but gotta leave for last night of bowling by 5-ish. Thats assuming I get my car from Bamboo Bobs on 1st and Greenfield before then, as I had to cab it home last night....

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    At work as usual....been relatively busy though....now I'm off to scout some restaurants for tonight's seafood dinner w/ my wife and daughter.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Originally posted by JoshD
    I would not mind being 11 again. At that age you are to young to work and all you do is play outside. I guess I have to wait until I 65-70 when I am retired to do that again.
    ... Except that by 65-70 your ability to jump around and play on the monkey bars is a little more limited.

I'm with you, JoshD -- I think all our clients are off for the day, because the phones have been extremely quiet. If they leave me in peace, I can get more work done. I'm finally getting around to doing a boring environmental review.

Since the boss left for vacation today, I'm leaving early to go shopping. Woo-hoo!

Registered
    Jul 2002
    My boss is out as well, but said he might be in about 4-4:30 and asked me to cover a few things for him.

SO... that leaves me hanging, If I leave and he shows up ...uh oh...JoshD will need an excuse on monday.

It is pretty tempting.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    If your boss says he's coming in at 4-4:30... maybe he was just trying to give you an incentive to stick around. Who goes into the office at 4:00 on Friday afternoon - especially before a holiday?!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Mud Princess
    Who goes into the office at 4:00 on Friday afternoon - especially before a holiday?!
    HA. You've never met our boss!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

Sorry to hear that

I am sorry to hear that people do have to work today. I have the day off... and I am still on here..

THANKS ALOT... This web site is addicting.
    If you're not growing, you're dying. - Lou Holtz

Registered
    Oct 2000

Re: Sorry to hear that

Originally posted by michaelskis

THANKS ALOT... This web site is addicting.
    We knew we'd get you hooked! Just wait until a morning when cyburbia is down for some strange reason - horrible panicky feelings about "What if it is down FOREVER?"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I'm here... I have labor negotiation meetings, too.

*grump*
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Dec 2001
    ah yes, I'm here, just got the call from James he got off at noon today and he's going out for margaritas. Why can't I have a margarita?!?! (since no margaritas for you Kel, I'll drink for the both, wait three , of us)
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by TexasPlanner
    ah yes, I'm here, just got the call from James he got off at noon today and he's going out for margaritas. Why can't I have a margarita?!?! (since no margaritas for you Kel, I'll drink for the both, wait three , of us)
    Slackers. Rob went home early today also after a meeting, so he's home already. sigh. this is the S L O W E S T afternoon EVER. Enjoy that margarita.

*miserably chugs warm flat gingerale*

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 21 Aug 2008, 9:26 PM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last post: 10 Apr 2004, 5:40 PM
  3. So much for work today....
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 25
    Last post: 27 Dec 2002, 9:31 AM